ACES Part-Time Clerical Aid LOA- FY 2023
CSN - ALC - Satellite/Leased L, NV
ID: 7121795 (Ref.No. R0134969)
Posted: January 22, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
CSN's Workforce and Economic Development Division's is looking for a customer-friendly part-time employee who is interested in becoming a Part-Time Clerical Aid. The Part-Time Clerical Aid serves as representative for providing valuable resources, assistance with providing general information for Adult Career Education Services (ACES) and general inquiry assistance. Energetic Student Advocate who can provide student support and join our fun & friendly Adult Career Education Services (ACES) team. The position requires a student centered, friendly, engaged, and enthusiastic attitude to support the ACES Program and students. Flexibility to workdays/nights/weekends are required, be punctual and provide excellent student support services. Motivated Bilingual student workers are encouraged to apply.
- Support in registering students in-person, by phone and/or by email following ACES program procedures.
- Screening students
- Ask a series of questions to the student to see if they qualify for our program.
- Enter student information into a tracking sheet/data base (LUMENS)
- Ensure accurate data entry.
- Submit call log daily to your lead.
- ACES daily phone duties incoming/outgoing
- Tracking incoming calls to ensure successful placement.
- Enter student data in tracking sheet for student follow up.
- ACES daily email duties incoming/outgoing
- Respond to emails and follow up with students.
- Welcoming/facilitating student intake/assessment process.
- Proficient in Office 356 applications like Outlook, Excel, Word, etc. for
- Related tasks including but not limited to email, data entry, word processing.
- Friendly customer service with a smile
- Student centered / listening / verbal communication / organizational skills.
- Flexible schedule is required: days/nights/weekends (will work around class schedule)
- Energetic, Friendly, reliable, and punctual for your shift
- Data entry for student data into tracking sheet/data base portals as needed.
- Required accurate data entry of less than 2% error rate.
- Notify students and instructors for any class updates, as requested.
- Complete follow up calls for ACES students to track student progress/success rates.
- Refers students to other DWED departments when necessary.
- Bilingual students are encouraged to apply.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Starting Salary Range
$12.00 - $15.00 Hourly
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover Letter
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date04/7/2023
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.