College Work Study – Multicultural Center – Fiscal Year 2022-23
CSN - Charleston Campus, NV
ID: 7121798 (Ref.No. R0134923)
Posted: January 22, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
College Work Study – Multicultural Center
For Semester/Term: Fall 2022 - Multicultural Center
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion focuses on college wide diversity initiatives. To include campus events for students, staff and faculty. This position supports the coordinator of the Multicultural Center located at the West Charleston Campus and will engage in events such as the NSHE Southern Nevada Diversity Summit, committee meeting, community events and other activities on campus. The office provides safe spaces for all cultural, ethnic, and students, staff, and faculty of diverse backgrounds.
- This position is responsible for daily operations of the CSN Diversity Initiatives while on shift. Individuals holding this position must be able to solve on-the-job issues by utilizing effective critical thinking and decision-making skills. This person will provide excellent customer service to students, faculty/staff, and community members, enforce all front desk policies of the office and be able to communicate to a diverse group of patrons. Assist in marketing and recruitment efforts for various initiatives; Provide support for events when needed; Report any maintenance or housekeeping concerns; Maintain neat and clean appearance of work space; Relay outstanding/pending tasks to replacement shift prior to being relieved; Participate in meetings and semester trainings; Assist in collaboration efforts with departments and student organizations; Assist as required. Our Services Benefit CSN Students and Staff.
Work Hours per week
Hourly Rate of Pay
- $11.00 for Early Childhood Education employees and Tutors only
- $10.50 for employment in all other departments
To be considered for this position, you must upload the following documents to your application
- Cover Letter (If applicable)
- Resume/CV: List a detailed description of the major duties you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented
- A copy of your latest CSN Award Notification showing the Student Employment Award. You can find it in your email or in your MyCSN Communication Center.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Offer and acceptance of a Work Study Award are not a guarantee of employment. Wages under this position are paid from Work Study awards administered by the CSN Financial Aid Department. To maintain eligibility, students must
- Show a financial aid eligible major (degree or certificate program) declared with the CSN Office of the Registrar, and
- Meet Financial Aid Satisfactory Progress after each semester/term to qualify for employment within the academic year, and
- Show degree compliant enrollment for each semester/term for which funding is desired.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits and meet additional eligibility requirements of the Silver State Regents Service Program for summer semester/term employment.
Posting Close Date04/7/2023
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.