Instructor, English Composition (Multiple Positions) (Fall 2023)
CSN - Charleston Campus, NV
ID: 7121799 (Ref.No. R0134802)
Posted: January 22, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
This position is contingent upon ongoing and available funding.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach 15 credits of English composition per semester and keep regular office hours.
- Develop syllabus and course materials; evaluate student mastery of skills and competencies as required by the learning outcomes.
- Participate in student advisement, recruitment activities, assessment of student learning outcomes, and program/curriculum development.
- Participate in school/ department meetings and activities, and serve on department, school, and college-wide committees. Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in English from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Two years of experience teaching.
- Advanced degree from a regionally accredited college or university with an emphasis in Rhetoric and Composition.
- Experience using the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS).
- Experience working with a diverse workforce and/or student body.
- A working knowledge of assessment from the classroom to the college as a whole.
Starting Salary Range
Initial salary placement is based on educational level and total years of full-time equivalent teaching experience. For example, for an instructor with a master’s degree, the salary range would be $46,691 to $59,768 annually. The entire salary range is up to $71,123 annually with a Doctorate and 10 years of experience. A maximum of 10 years of experience will be considered for initial salary placement purposes.
CSN offers a generous benefits package comprised of excellent health insurance including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, basic life insurance, and supplemental options (long-term care, short-term disability, and legal). Comprehensive retirement plans, employee assistance programs, and tuition discounts at the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) institutions. As well as tuition discounts for spouses, domestic partners, and dependents. Perks encompassing on-campus employee discounts, professional and personal development opportunities; and statewide employee purchase programs. Join a dynamic team investing in our future, Students First.
This position is eligible for relocation assistance contingent upon available funding as defined in the CSN-NFA 2022-2025 Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Out of Area/State Candidates may be offered travel reimbursement with original itemized receipts and in accordance with GSA rates at the time of travel.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Please attach the following to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Applicants who have earned their degrees outside of the United States must have their educational transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of the Higher Education Directory, published by Higher Education Publications, Inc. If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to the Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Classification team)
Posting Close Date02/20/2023
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.