Administrative Assistant III - CTE College Credit
CSN - Charleston Campus, NV
ID: 7121803 (Ref.No. R0133734)
Posted: January 22, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Based on the volume of applications received this recruitment may close at any time. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The College of Southern Nevada is recruiting for Administrative Assistant III in the CTE College Credit Department housed at CSN's West Charleston Campus. This position will provide administrative support to the Assistant Director and department. This is a grant-funded position. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative support to the assistant director: manage calendar, prepare/proofread correspondence and reports, and assist with travel.
- Administrative support to the department: maintain program webpage, respond to phone calls and emails, and onboard student workers.
- Assist with the program application cycle and the recording/posting of articulated college credit: create course sections and rosters, troubleshoot application issues, review high school transcripts, calculate program GPA, communicate with applicants, pull reports, manage database and confidential information.
- Assist with the annual review cycle of articulation agreements and secondary education CTE programs.
- Assist with fiscal matters to include purchasing paperwork, reports, and budget tracking.
- Participate in organizing professional development training's, meetings, and special events.
- The successful candidate must also have the ability and willingness to exercise a high level of customer service, forge and maintain positive relationships, and be a part of a dynamic team that supports student success.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and three years of progressively responsible relevant work experience which included experience in one or more of the following areas: maintenance of complex records and files; public/customer relations including explaining detailed policies, regulations and requirements; preparation and processing of financial and statistical documents such as payroll, travel, claims and budgeting forms; and assisting staff and management with projects and activities; OR one year of experience as an Administrative Assistant II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of experience providing a high level of customer service in an office setting.
- Experience using various HRMS systems such as: PeopleSoft/MyCSN, and Workday.
- Experience assisting with budgets as it relates to purchasing paperwork, reports, and tracking.
- Experience organizing professional development trainings, meeting, and special events.
- Experience maintaining webpage utilizing proper grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills.
- Experience with commonly used software package including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and Adobe Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop).
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, subject to flex based on organizational needs.
Grade 27, Step 1 $37,166.40
Per Nevada Administrative Code (NAC 284.170), salaries for initial appointments for classified positions typically begin at Step 1.
The College of Southern Nevada offers a generous benefit package, including an excellent PERS retirement plan (a defined benefit plan), vacation & sick leave benefits, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and health insurance plans that can be added with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts. Supplemental options (long term care, short term disability, and legal). Tuition discounts at the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) institutions. As well as tuition discounts for spouses, domestic partners, and dependents. Perks encompassing on campus employee discounts, professional and personal development opportunities; and statewide employee purchase programs. Join a dynamic team investing in our future, Students First.
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
Resume /CV - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
Unofficial College Transcripts (optional) - If you have not graduated, please attach your transcripts to receive education credit for classes you have taken.
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date02/6/2023
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.