Administrative Assistant III - Academic Advising
CSN - Charleston Campus, NV
ID: 7121805 (Ref.No. R0134138)
Posted: January 22, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Based on the volume of applications received this recruitment may close at any time. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible
The Administrative Assistant III will provide support to the Academic Advising department manager and provide supervision to additional support and student staff.
Under direct supervision, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Compose documents and materials including correspondence, memorandums, reports, charts and other items in support of program and agency operations.
- Provide and explain information including applicable rules, regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures; distribute materials to concerned parties according to established distribution lists or on an as-needed basis.
- Assist Director of Academic Advising with coordinating communications in department; addressing service complaints; and supporting administrative assistant teams at all campuses.
- Respond to requests for information.
- Completes projects as requested, handles complex confidential interactions with discretion, and professionalism, maintains calendar, maintains records, processes financial documents including Contracts, specialized materials, answers departmental calls, handles in person requests. Must become fluent in database systems including Workday, Canvas, and MyCSN, 25Live, MyCoyotePlan.
- Oversees maintenance of office equipment directly interacts with wholesalers for office supplies, manage, organizing, and prioritizing Academic Advising day to day office activities, promote positive relations and ensure smooth operation of events including parking, hosting, and amenities.
- Monitor Academic Advising Goals, and completion. Assist in developing operational and procedural programs by studying historical precedents and policies. Compile, organize, and consolidate financial and statistical data required for the department.
- Supervision of additional support and student staff, assistance with CSN policies, procedures and day-to-day functions.
- Assists with program execution, publicity releases information and creating office practices.
- Travel to and from campus and campus centers for meetings, conferences, and workshops. Travel to area merchants to purchase and pick up supplies, goods, and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and three years of progressively responsible relevant work experience which included experience in one or more of the following areas: maintenance of complex records and files; public/customer relations including explaining detailed policies, regulations and requirements; preparation and processing of financial and statistical documents such as payroll, travel, claims and budgeting forms; and assisting staff and management with projects and activities; OR one year of experience as an Administrative Assistant II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Workday.
- Experience working with Students.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Grade 27, Step 1 $37,166.40
Per Nevada Administrative Code (NAC 284.170), salaries for initial appointments for classified positions typically begin at Step 1.
The College of Southern Nevada offers a generous benefit package, including an excellent PERS retirement plan (a defined benefit plan), vacation & sick leave benefits, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and health insurance plans that can be added with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts. Supplemental options (long term care, short term disability, and legal). Tuition discounts at the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) institutions. As well as tuition discounts for spouses, domestic partners, and dependents. Perks encompassing on campus employee discounts, professional and personal development opportunities; and statewide employee purchase programs. Join a dynamic team investing in our future, Students First.
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional) - If you have not graduated, please attach your transcripts to receive education credit for classes you have taken. Credit is given for classes relevant to the job posting.
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date02/6/2023
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.