Food Services Worker - Cross Village Restaurants
ID: 7121836 (Ref.No. ta230231)
Posted: January 23, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This position will prepare food following recipes and applying individual portion control standards. Properly and safely measures, weighs and combines ingredients for quantity preparation of simple menu items. Utilizes various kitchen utensils, appliances, and heavy/industrial equipment in food preparation (ovens, knives, peelers, dicers, slicers, mixers, industrial dish machines, recycling, stoves, etc.). Serves food in a courteous and respectful manner, with proper portion control and knowledge of menu items. Load, carry, and transport hot or cold food items or containers to customers, serving lines, or dining tables-safely, efficiently and timely. Loads and transports food carts to and from designated floor units. Washes, sanitizes, and stores pots, pans and kitchen utensils in designated areas. Scrapes dishes and cleans tables, serving areas. Cleans counters and floors. Follows proper kitchen standards when cleaning/sanitizing the work area (floors, food carts, cabinets, tables, kitchen utensils and equipment, dishes, and tableware, etc.). Assists with special events across the University and across campuses that may include Presidential luncheons and dinners, catering needs, student organizational special requests, and day-to-day events. Assists other food services staff when necessary and voluntarily as much as possible. The functions described here are not all-encompassing of those an employee may encounter while on the job.
***Normally, employees on a 5 hour shift receive a free meal. Uniforms are provided at no cost, but must be maintained by the employee.***
Required Education: None
- Uses tools, such as knives, splicers, potato peelers, etc. and/or small kitchen equipment in a manner requiring reasonable proficiency, generally derived from previous training or during the introductory period.
- Skilled in the safe, sanitary, and effective handling of food, cooking utensils, food processing equipment, walk-in refrigeration, elevators, cash registers, dishwashers, time clock, etc.
- Performs addition, subtraction, multiplication, simple accounting, and division effectively enough to count change, when necessary, take inventory, serve portions, enter time on a times sheet, etc.
- Reads and interprets routine written materials, menus, instructions and e-mails.
- Communicates effectively, in English, orally and/or in writing.
- Understands and demonstrates Housing and Food Services core values at all times.
- Basic understanding of nutrition and portion control.
- Understands and applies time and attendance guidelines with ability to use systems to clock in/out.
- Able to handle varying workloads and meet deadlines as necessary.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
Must be 18 years or older. Must submit to a background check. Must not ever have had a felony conviction for abuse of any kind, theft, rape, sexual assault, distribution of drugs or other similar conviction. Perseverance, both physically and mentally, for fast-paced and demanding responsibilities required. Exposure to disagreeable conditions such as handling greasy, dirty materials, walking on slippery floors, walking or riding between buildings on campus, going in and out of walk-in refrigeration units, etc. Frequent and repetitive arm and wrist movement. Exposure to chemicals and noxious odors. Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs, and push/pull up to 100 lbs, depending on job assignment. Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and adapt to a large kitchen environment with varying temperatures (-8 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit). Climb stairs, as necessary, and depending on job assignment, occasionally to frequently. This will be determined by employee's assignment. As essential personnel you may be required to work during University closings. Nights and weekends may apply for any operations especially those operating 24/7.
- ServSafe Certification
- Previous restaurant/food services experience
Certifications: Safe Food Handling and Sanitation Certification will be required upon employment.
Supervision: Position receives general supervision from kitchen supervisor and restaurant manager.
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
- Hepatitis A vaccine required.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides