ID: 7121840 (Ref.No. ta230225)
Posted: January 23, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Offensive Analyst position shall be responsible for supporting the offensive coaching staff in implementing the staff's game and practice preparation. This person will have a variety of tasks including but not limited to detailed breakdowns of opponent game film, analytic data breakdowns of opponents, self-scout reports, scouting reports on personnel, scheme, and tendencies. This position will provide consultation and advice to the coaching staff, playing a significant role in the programs’ ability to make effective game day strategies and decisions.
- Responsible for assisting recruiting coordinator in maintaining and updating recruiting board
- Responsible for assisting recruiting coordinator in compiling recruiting list (Top Players by State/Position/ETC)
- Responsible for assisting recruiting coordinator on unofficial visits
- Responsible for assisting with Pro Scouts
- Assist Offensive coordinator with all paperwork
- Daily management of all offensive playbook handouts, edit and V-mail of teaching tapes
- Manage all player handouts, installation, scouting reports, tips, and tests
- Manage all stats, goals, and grade sheets
- Manage a copy of all practice scripts
- Chart all offensive player’s practice reps
- Chart all scrimmage/game calls
- Manage offensive staffroom and recruiting board
- Assist with tours of all on campus recruiting visits
- Assist all offensive coaches with organization of all offensive recruit video files
- Assist with monitoring class attendance by players and manage assigned position group off the field (social media)
- Assist with Junior Day and Youth Day
- Assist with Football Banquet
- Perform assigned curfew checks
- Follow current player’s social media and provide weekly reports – daily if needed
- Check for malicious content
- Inappropriate behavior
- Anything that may reflect poorly on the student-athlete or the program
- Other duties as assigned by Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator
Required Education: A Bachelor’s degree, AND:
- 36 months of collegiate experience in assigned sport.
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months related experience in lieu of the bachelor's degree for a total of 84 months experience.
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written and presentation skills and proactive, open and responsive interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse student populations, university personnel (e.g. faculty, college deans, administrators, athletic coaches and staff), as well as representatives from the community.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and high degree of openness to new approaches and new ideas.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Commitment to compliance with all NCAA legislation and principles.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to engage in repetitive motions, communicate and see including color, depth perception and clarity
- Master’s Degree in any specialization OR an equivalent combination of education and job-related experiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Supervision: Student workers, interns
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.