PSR - Patient Services Representative- TULSA
ID: 7121842 (Ref.No. ta230232)
Posted: January 23, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Patient Services Representative (PSR)- Tulsa
At OU Health Physicians Tulsa, patients receive the latest medical advancements expected of a leading university clinic. The services and their experience are delivered by a dedicated team with diverse experience. As a Patient Services Representative, you will act as a customer service agent, ensuring that our customers receive the best experience that can be provided. These individuals are also responsible for providing clerical assistance toward the smooth operation of an outpatient facility. Please see below for an overview of expectations.
*** This is an entry level position, with multiple positions and locations available ***
- Scheduling / Check In-Out. Schedules patient appointments, either by telephone or in person. Primary contact for patients entering or exiting clinics. Inspects forms for completeness and accuracy. Accepts payments; writes receipts; and balances cash box on a daily basis.
- Filing and Organization. Will pull patient charts for appointments, lab, x-ray, or for hospital purposes. Produce copies of medical charts and re-file charts in a timely, secure manner.
- Referrals and Authorizations. Will speak with patients regarding their financial account. Verify insurance eligibility and primary care physicians for patients.
- All Other Areas. Maintain highest standard on patient confidentiality. Work will individuals (patients, co-workers, and other employees) in a professional manner. Perform related work as required/necessary.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 12 months of experience in a customer service role
- (Will accept a combination of experience and training in a customer service role)
- Standard medical front office environment and exposure, including keyboarding and answering. Up to 20% of this position will require mobility (moving from one room or building to another; etc.)
- Should you be selected for this position, you may be asked to provide verification of the following as it applies to the position: academic experience, or degree(s); and licensure, or certification.
12 Great Reasons to Work at The University of Oklahoma
- NAMED #1 EMPLOYER IN OKLAHOMA BY FORBES MAGAZINE IN 2022!
- 27 days of paid time off (PTO) + 11 paid holidays, that’s 38 paid days off your first year
- Your part of employee insurance is $54.38 per month, OU pays $549.92
- Low cost dental, vision & life insurance options
- Most positions are 8-5 Monday – Friday - no weekends, no holidays,
- 1 ½ x pay for over time
- Two retirement plan options – OU puts 8% or 9% of your salary into retirement!
- 50% Tuition waiver if you further your education at OU
- Free tuition at OU for your children - if they are on your OU health insurance
- $120.00 Annual uniform allowance to purchase your uniforms
- 2 weeks of initial training and on-boarding with annual training to maintain and build your skills and you will have a “buddy” who helps you get oriented and trained
- We work in teams with doctors, nurses and PSRs (staff) working side by side while we train the doctors of the future. Join us and be part of something big!
- There were no layoffs or hours cut during the COVID 19 pandemic. When hours were reduced we paid employees!\
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.