Baylor College of Medicine
ID: 7121870 (Ref.No. 14523-en_US)
Posted: January 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Summer intern will join the Quality and Patient Safety Program at Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Center to contribute to quality initiatives. Summer intern will interact with Quality and Patient Safety leadership as well as nurses, providers and administrative staff in clinic and inpatient units. Internship will allow learning principles and methods of Quality Improvement in Healthcare while assisting with data acquisition for Quality Improvement projects.
- Provides administrative assistance with new and ongoing quality and safety initiatives.
- Assists with data collection from electronic medical record and surveys, entering data in databases and preparing presentations of quality data.
- Attends weekly quality and safety meetings and huddles, and participates in quality rounding.
- Manages time and workload independently and adheres to project specific deadlines.
- Must be a High School or College Student (undergraduate or graduate).
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.