Baylor College of Medicine
ID: 7121878 (Ref.No. 14507-en_US)
Posted: January 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Looking for a Research Associate with skills and knowledge in molecular biology techniques, including various DNA/RNA dependent assays, sequencing, cloning, transformation, product measurements, confocal microscopy, bioinformatic analyses, and tissue culture. We are willing to teach some of these skills, but must be a quick learner. This is a job that requires a diverse set of lab skills.
- Perform cloning and transformation of bacteria, yeast and plants.
- Assist with tissue culture experiments.
- Perform animal feeding studies.
- Assist with lab ordering, lab cleaning and general organization activities.
- Keep good notes and document all work.
- Train junior level scientists.
- Light lifting, cleaning and equipment maintenance.
- Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Ph.D in biology/molecular biology or related discipline
- Have exposure and some experience with RNAseq and proteomic analysis
- Must be proficient in molecular biology- particularly cloning
- Willing to learn to grow/genotype and phenotype Arabidopsis lines; have some exposure with confocal microscopy and bioinformatics
- Must have experience with genetic analysis
- Should be willing to do mouse husbandry and animal feeding studies- experience with animals not required
- Should be a capable of working with a group and participating in group projects
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.