Research Technician III - Neurophysiology
Baylor College of Medicine
ID: 7121880 (Ref.No. 14510-en_US)
Posted: January 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The technician in this position will be responsible for working with the Principal Investigator and lab members to train non-human primates in behavioral tasks. The position requires the technician to assist in neurophysiology recording experiments. The technician will be responsible for monitoring and ordering lab supplies. The technician will have some clerical responsibilities that includes assisting with the preparation of lab protocols and grant applications.
- Assists in training animals on a daily basis.
- Monitors lab supplies and assists with ordering as needed.
- Prepares lab supplies for daily usage.
- Assists with database management.
- Assists with general administrative tasks that includes the preparation of lab protocols and grant applications.
- Analyzes the data from the behavioral training/testing and neurophysiology experiments will be used in manuscripts and grant applications.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Has Integrity
- Be comfortable working with large research animals (non-human primates).
- Has strong organization skills, communication skills, scientific literacy and curiosity, leadership skills.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.