Director of Teacher Pathway Programs
ID: 7121918 (Ref.No. BSU35486)
Posted: January 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain relationships with the Teacher Pathway Liaison at each of the eight high schools to facilitate ongoing, regular communication about pathways.
- Work with the Teacher Pathway Liaisons to enact the pathway programs at each school.
- Map each school’s existing dual credit, CTE, and AP courses onto the Ball State curriculum and tailor each program to the needs of each school.
- Provide guidance to the school in their exploration of funding sources for pathway-related expenses.
- Serve as the Ball State University contact for each school.
- Meet weekly with the co-PIs to ensure grant objectives are being met.
- Develop and oversee mentoring programs for high school students in the pathways, for high school teachers who are serving as mentors, and for dual credit teachers.
- Visit the partner high schools to facilitate open forms to publicize pathway opportunites, meet with families, and meet with career and technical coordinators.
- Facilitate data collection in conjunction with the Research Design Studio.
- Work with the Career Advancement Coordinator to develop Registered Apprenticeship Programs in five high schools.
- Collaborate with Ball State Marketing and Communications to publicize the pathways.
- Work with the School Engagement Coordinator to facilitate professional development for school partners.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.