Post Doctoral Psychology Resident
Posted: January 24, 2023
Application Deadline: February 23, 2023
Salary: $49,500.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2015-1603831
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: Student Life
2/19/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
We are currently looking for 2 Post-Doctoral Resident to begin in mid-August of 2023 for a 9.5 month period
Position Description and Job Duties
Performs supervised individual and group counseling, supervision, crisis intervention, programming, and consultation/outreach to the College community.Provides brief therapy, Single session therapy, and makes appropriate referrals.Work is supervised by professional staff, and individual clinical work is supervised by a licensed psychologist. This is a 9.5 month position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts intake interviews with students who request counseling services and completes the required clinical documentation via electronic record keeping system within the same day.
- Provides individual and group counseling to students on a scheduled basis or through crisis intervention.
- Periodically serve as an “on-call” counselor after-hours, conduct risk- and safety-assessments, and respond as needed.
- Provides clinical supervision to a practicum student and maintains supervision notes.
- Provides outreach workshops to the campus community.
- Consults with supervisors and staff as needed.
- Acts as a campus resource regarding mental health issues and represents CAPS on campus
- Serves as a liaison between client and campus or community resources as needed.
- Provides consultation to staff, faculty, and parents seeking assistance for distressed students or those with serious mental health issues.
- Attends all required training seminars, staff meetings, and supervision on a weekly basis.
- Interacts with staff and students in a professional and ethical manner.
- Participates in supervision and training with an openness to learning and receiving feedback.
Start Date: August 14th, 2023 - Orientation takes place during the first two weeks. Orientation is mandatory and takes place Monday through Friday 9am-5pm from 8/14-8/25. Normal hours begin on August 28th, 2023. Postdoc year ends May 31st, 2024.
Application Deadline: 1/10/22
Experience and Qualifications
Earned a doctoral degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) from a regionally or APA-accreditedCounseling or Clinical Psychology program.
Completion of a doctoral psychology internship that included counseling/psychotherapy as a main component of the training program.
Prior experience working with developmental issues of late adolescence, college students, and with diverse populations.
Completion of doctoral psychology internship at a university counseling center.
Prior experience working with “high-risk” clients (e.g., emotional dysregulation, suicidality, substance use, self-harm)
Familiarity with Psychodynamic/relational theory and technique.
Knowledge and experience in sports psychology and working with student athletes strongly encouraged to apply
Apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu.
Please read on-line instructions carefully as you must upload and include the below in order for your application to be considered complete:
1. A cover letter briefly describing your interest and why you would be a good fit for this postdoc position at Saint Mary's College.
2. A current curriculum vitae, which includes the expected date of your graduation.
3. Three letters of recommendation. (1 letter from a clinical supervisor from your predoctoral internship, 1 letter from either clinical or administrative supervisor, and 1 letter from your dissertation chair outlining a timeline for completion of dissertation and graduation date.)
4. Transcripts of graduate work, unofficial is acceptable
Saint Mary's College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/3820765
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
We envision a community that goes beyond tolerance of differences to one guided by social justice, cultural competence and engaged citizenship. We know we can reach greater heights of excellence by learning from diverse people.