Assistant Registrar/Transfer Credit Analyst
Posted: January 24, 2023
Application Deadline: February 27, 2023
Salary: $62,000.00 - $65,000.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2015-1603888
Location: CA 94556, CA
2/26/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
To apply transfer credit analysis skills to assess academic credit for degree progress and to determinecourse equivalency from transcript analysis. To maintain and update articulation agreements.Responsible for software updates and having a more active role in maintaining updates and changesfrom Community Colleges and Universities in collaboration with the Admissions Transfer ArticulationOfficer and Department Chairs. As well as creating new transfer agreements with accredited CommunityColleges and Universities.
1. Coordinates with departments and schools across the campuscommunity regarding transfer credit and reports and develops all relevanttransfer credit information through collaboration.
2. Reviews and analyzes official coursework received from U.S. Collegesand Universities as well as International Institutions based on coursescontent and determines transferability of coursework credit.
3. Enters transfer course information into Colleague student informationsystem to facilitate proper degree audit function for students and advisingstaff
4. Maintains and updates the transfer equivalency portal information.Maintains and updates changes from Community Colleges and Universitiesfor accuracy
5. Processes forms such as Transfer Credit Approvals, AcademicEvaluation Change Requests and various student petitions.
6. Represents the Office of the Registrar as the NCAA Division IEligibility Representative.Processes and gathers information for Athletics for NCAA Division I Eligibility.Attends all necessary eligibility meetings to stay up to date on NCAA guideline and rule changes
Experience and Qualifications
Education: REQUIRED: BA
Experience: (years required and applicable field of experience):
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu/
1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
2) A resume
3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/3827666
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
We envision a community that goes beyond tolerance of differences to one guided by social justice, cultural competence and engaged citizenship. We know we can reach greater heights of excellence by learning from diverse people.