Licensed Counselor - Tulsa
ID: 7121958 (Ref.No. ta230193)
Posted: January 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Come join the staff at OU HSC and become a part of Oklahoma's premier research university which leads the state in education and career opportunities. OU HSC is one of only four comprehensive academic health centers in the nation with seven professional colleges. We are currently building world-class institutes for the treatment of diabetes and cancer.
- Provides professional counseling to students on academic and personal matters.
- Provides individual, couples, and group therapy.
- Collaborates with the SCS Wellness Coordinator to create and deliver psychoeducational workshops and outreach events and programs.
- Consults with mental health professionals, student affairs colleagues, and campus departments to address student mental and emotional health needs.
- Provides clinical consultation to psychology interns and trainees on the OUHSC-OKC campus.
- Assesses individuals through interviews and, when appropriate, psychological testing; prepares professional-quality reports stating findings, recommendations, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Education: Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or related field
Experience: 24 months experience providing counseling
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC), or eligible within 90 days of employment
Will accept Ph.D. in Psychology (Counseling or Clinical) in lieu of a Master’s Degree and experience
Advanced knowledge of human behavior and individual differences in ability, personality, and interests
Advanced knowledge of federal and state laws regarding confidentiality of patient information and records
Advanced knowledge of methods and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of mental and behavioral disorders
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to listen and understand information and communicate clearly to clients, family members, and staff members
Ability to assess for mental health crisis and respond appropriately
Knowledge of methods and procedures for the facilitation of group therapy practices, particularly process groups
Experience in providing telehealth services; commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion practices within an organization
Sit for prolonged periods
Function in a standard office environment