Student Affairs Digital Marketing & Communications Coordinator
ID: 7121960 (Ref.No. ta230202)
Posted: January 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Division of Student Affairs is seeking a Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator to support communications efforts. This position is tasked with crafting strategic messages for internal and external audiences and managing marketing and communications projects for the Division. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is a skilled and versatile writer with a demonstrated ability to understand and translate information into a captivating narrative. In addition, this position will assist with media relations, events, and digital communications. This position requires strong initiative, critical thinking skills, and an ability to cultivate relationships.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Helps develop and implement internal and external communications such as newsletters, news releases, promotional material, honors/awards, news, and marketing publications
- Develops, writes, and edits a variety of content and stories for all print, digital, email and creative media communications, including an emphasis on Residence Life
- Participates in community and campus meetings, events, and/or activities
- Creates talking points, speeches, scripts, and background materials for the Office of the Vice President and Dean of Students Affairs
- Performs research, analyzes data, and assists with development and implementation of strategic initiatives for the division’s communications, marketing, and media efforts
- Supports the marketing and communications needs of departments, programs, and services under the Division of Student Affairs, including collaboration with OU Housing and Food Services (Operations)
- Monitors divisional university email accounts and provides timely responses
- Assists with content creation, edits, updates, and posts to Student Affairs website and social media channels, including collaboration with OU Housing and Food Services (Operations)
- Reviews content within the Division to ensure consistency with OU guidelines, style requirements, and message tone
- Designs and creates social media graphics and videos to ensuring content is high quality an aligns with brand
- Gathers, analyzes, and organizes social media data and statistics while staying up to date with social media trends and platform updates
- Oversees interns, PEAK workers, and/or Graduate Assistants
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or a related field.
- 24 months experience in marketing, public relations or communications.
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months related experience in lieu of the bachelor's degree for a total of 72 months related experience.
- Strong writing skills, a solid understanding of what makes for an engaging story, and the drive to learn and grow in the position
- Must possess basic computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and software including Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to use digital tools to develop communications for stakeholders to perform most effectively on various platforms
- Highly organized and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Effective critical thinking skills are important to the success of the position
- Able to interact with the public in a confident and friendly manner
- Familiarity with digital marketing platforms, preferably documented experience managing internal communications, marketing, media relations and social media on behalf of an organization, business, department, etc.
Advertised Physical Requirements
- Must be able to engage in repetitive motions
- Communicate and see including color, depth perception and clarity.
Valid Driver License required for occasional work-related assignments.
- Proficient in Associated Press style
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines with exceptional attention to detail skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and make procedural decisions and judgments
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Exceptional organizational and people skills, including working with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and members of the public/media
Supervision: This position will report to the Director of Communications for the Division of Student Affairs. May oversee a staff of graduate and undergraduate student employees.
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.