ID: 7122077 (Ref.No. BSU35520)
Posted: January 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Thank you for your interest in a career at Ball State University. We are committed to excellence through a talented and diverse faculty and staff. The university offers excellent benefits, including health care and retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, and generous time off with pay.
Wages for this position start at $15.90 per hour.
- Supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with University software systems, Argos, Cayuse, Smart catalogue, Kronos, etc, Microsoft office including excel, and track changes on word documents
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Chairperson and Department Secretary in scheduling classes, both on and off campus, schedule changes and faculty assignments each semester and summer session; check class enrollments.
- Calculate faculty load reports per semester and summer session; review and revise reports as needed.
- Maintain department budgets, includes account pool, travel, Foundation, credit card purchases; check credit card in and out; process all travel requests and reimbursements.
- Coordinate all online purchasing requests for the department and any grants administered by the department; determine type of purchase order to use; call the vendor if immediate delivery is required; determine sub-code to encumber departmental account; assure that purchase orders for assets are approved, received, and tagged with BSU numbers after they are received. Coordinate purchase or disbursement of research incentives, gift cards, and supplies for faculty research and service grants.
- Supervise student employees, which includes: assign and review work, orient and train student employees, and make recommendations as to interviewing and selection, performance appraisal, and discipline.
- Create and submit electronic personnel action forms (EPAFs) as necessary; add instructor names each semester and summer session.
- Serve as Sitecore manager and set-up with video conferencing with remote individuals when needed.
- Assist Chairperson in daily activities of the department; includes schedule appointments, answer telephone, prepare reports, letters, etc.
- Assist faculty as requested; includes make appointments; prepare and make copies of test documents and handouts; arrange meetings; administer exams, etc.
- Assist students, parents, and guests of the department as needed.
- Monitor payroll functions on the Kronos system for staff and students.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.