International Program Director
ID: 7122078 (Ref.No. BSU35512)
Posted: January 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the Indiana Academy International Student Program, including but not limited to: admissions, marketing the International Program, program advertising, compliance with U.S. Department of State and SEVIS regulations, student I-20s, international company partner communications, and program expansion efforts.
- Meet with all international students regularly for academic advising and support services. Guide international students on seeking support from the various support services offered at the Indiana Academy.
- Collaborate with international company partners to make decisions on admitting international students to the Indiana Academy. Process and review all incoming applicant files. Complete all required admissions tasks with exchange agencies. Share appropriate admissions information with Indiana Academy departments.
- Provide proactive, conscientious, and ongoing academic advising to international students. Review and audit all international transcripts. Coordinate academic placement testing as necessary. Facilitate dual credit and Ball State course enrollments for Indiana Academy international students.
- Work with international students to explain all academic and residential rules. Work with the appropriate parties at the Indiana Academy in the event a rule is broken. Provide any needed support in cases of emergency.
- Serve as the primary contact between the Indiana Academy and international exchange partners, including agency directors and coordinators. Coordinate all Academy and partner communications. Ensure partner compliance with host family vetting protocols.
- Oversee student experience and initiate efforts to enhance the International Program. Create enhanced retention efforts and programming that further welcomes and acclimates students to the Indiana Academy. Oversee the Academy’s Global Scholars Program.
- Explore and pursue external growth opportunities that include additional vendor partnerships, recruitment fairs, identifying sister schools, and Ball State University partnerships.
- Coordinate all international student health care needs with the Indiana Academy nurse and the Ball State University Health Clinic. Communicate with international partners, host families, and coordinators on all health needs of international students.
- Partner with Indiana Academy departments to develop appropriate programming for international students, including Welcome Week and celebration events that include host families.
- Participate on the Student Services committee and any other committees relevant to the success of international students.
- Partner with the appropriate individuals at Burris Laboratory School to administer English Proficiency testing for the Indiana Department of Education.
- Develop diversity/cultural programming for the Academy’s outreach programs that serve elementary and middle school students across the state, including international students in program development.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Serve as the Indiana Academy’s PDSO. Remain current on state and governmental policies regarding international travel and visa regulations. Manage all student I-20s in partnership with sponsoring agencies. Ensure compliance with all governmental regulations to maintain the school’s status as an I-20 granting institution by adhering to recertification procedures and regular maintenance of the school’s I-17.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.