IT Support Analyst
ID: 7122080 (Ref.No. BSU35515)
Posted: January 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Or, in lieu of Bachelor’s degree:
2. Associate’s degree plus an additional combination of education or experience in IT equivalent to two years.
3. High school diploma or GED plus an additional combination of education or experience in IT equivalent to four years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technology support for students, faculty and staff related to campus technology systems, hardware, software and network connectivity; track all client interactions; perform research, analysis, and evaluation of technologies supported by Information Technology.
- Triage and provide advanced support for issues escalated by the HelpDesk staff; follow-up with clients and resolve issues via phone, remote assistance, and with the campus Mobile Device Management (MDM) system; take action to ensure effective solutions for all clients; escalate issues to the next level support, when required.
- Coordinate and help manage the distribution and setup of new College Plan equipment and departmental purchases. Leverage the campus MDM to do initial set-ups of new devices, following IT standards and IT Security best practices; coordinate hand-off to IT Support Technologists for final set-up and delivery to client.
- Support Technology HelpDesk operations via direct client support, coaching and advising HelpDesk staff as they resolve client issues and collaborating on HelpDesk staff training and support.
- Serve as a technical resource for the Tech Center to provide extensive technical knowledge, troubleshooting abilities, and customer service skills to advise and assist other staff in client support and problem resolution; act as a back-up for walk-in support and assist with the re-imaging of dropped-off departmental laptops or mobile devices.
- Maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge and skills for current and evolving technologies related to the campus MDM system, enterprise-wide software, computers, mobile devices, software applications, hardware, networking, and troubleshooting methodologies.
- Process and complete assigned technology related requests which require specific administrative access, such as email distribution list updates and account unshelving requests. Workstation admin requests, and other similar processes as assigned.
- Serve on committees related to technology support initiatives; participate in special projects that include, but are not limited to IT Security initiatives, conducting training sessions, coaching and mentoring UTS Tech Center staff and departmental technical support staff, and assisting with product implementation, testing and upgrades.
- Create technical documentation and contribute content to the technology knowledge base; examine current trends; prepare procedures for complex technical repairs and inquiries.
- Assign and review work, orient and train student employees, and make recommendations in all areas related to supervision, including but not limited to interviewing and selection, compensation, discipline, performance appraisal, and training and career development of personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.