Events and Logistics Coordinator
Posted: January 25, 2023
Application Deadline: February 26, 2023
Salary: $23.00 Hourly
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2015-1603891
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: Physical Plant
2/26/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
The Events and Logistics Coordinator will assist in coordinating key operational tasks for the Office of Meetings, Events, and Conference Services (MECS) with a particular focus on coordination of logistics for internal events for the campus. This position will coordinate and manage the AdAstra scheduling software system, create and maintain professional relationships with internal clients, event logistics, assist with supervision of student staff, assist Director with management of Tier Scheduling.
• AdAstra Oversight and Coordination: Maintains AdAstra software, builds new request forms, ensures all request forms are up-to-date with accurate information, all buildings/rooms are represented on software, adds new clients to software, ensures that the master calendar is up-to-date with accurate information. Provides training to new employees on AdAstra upon request.
• Internal Event Scheduling and Coordination: Approves all internal events for both event spaces & classroom spaces (after the add/drop period has concluded). Assigns the entering of work orders, IT tickets, creating event signage, to MECS student staff. Checks in with internal clients prior to their request to confirm that the Event Logistics are correct. Manages the Tier Scheduling process in collaboration with the Director.
• Event and Logistics Support: Coordination of event logistics including but not limited to creating and communicating daily activity reports/facility and technology set ups to constituents on campus, managing rosters, room set ups, and catering referrals. Assist with coordinating communication between all campus partners providing relevant, accurate, and appropriate information related to events, conferences, and camps. Verifies setups have been completed and works with the team to make adjustments as needed to meet customer needs. Assists with major campus events, such as Commencement, Graduation Reception Sites, and other high-profile events.
• Other Duties as Assigned: Assists with marketing and website updates as needed. May also assist with project management and/or facilities logistics as needed.
Experience and Qualifications
Required: HS degree or equivalent
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
2 years experience in customer service and event planning preferred. Experience working in a fast-paced environment with large volume of work and time sensitive situations is a plus.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong customer service skills, ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task, ability to demonstrate quick problem solving skills and work under tight timelines, ability to work in a team and with diverse clientele, ability to demonstrate good work ethic and judgment, courteous, high professionalism, reliability, proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), Photoshop or other design program experience is a plus.
Licenses & Certifications: REQUIRED: Must have a valid CA Driver License and must be able to be insured by the College's Carrier.
Other Requirements: Some evening and weekend shifts are required. Any required travel would be local for event / meeting needs or other approved professional development/training opportunities.
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu/
Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
• A resume
• The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
• In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/3830295
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
We envision a community that goes beyond tolerance of differences to one guided by social justice, cultural competence and engaged citizenship. We know we can reach greater heights of excellence by learning from diverse people.