Properties Supervisor - Part-time
ID: 7122281 (Ref.No. 23J350001)
Posted: January 27, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The schedule varies and is flexible, but does include, production meetings, extended hours, evenings, and weekends related to technical rehearsals and performances.
- Minimum of high school diploma and 2 years’ experience in theatrical props construction.
- Demonstrated ability to source vendors and rental shops.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret designer and construction drawings, sketches, and paint elevations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with students, staff, and faculty.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve both minor and complex.
- Demonstrated communication skills and the ability to approach challenges collaboratively.
- Proficiency in painting with varying mediums and materials.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work quickly and accurately with attention to detail, maintaining professionalism in a fast-paced and rapid-changing environment.
- Proficiency in electronic communication including remote-based data storage, access, and file creation/maintenance. Must have own technology to respectfully access.
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with hand and power tools.
- Ability to work from ladders and/or aerial lifts.
- Ability to safely lift 50 lbs.
About Rider University
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University is consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal and The Princeton Review. For more than a decade, Rider has also been recognized in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges for its sustainability efforts.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.