CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
ID: 7122481 (Ref.No. hlj_43026)
Posted: January 31, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Chief Technology Officer
Under the auspices of the Office of Digital Innovation with a direct reporting relationship to the Chief Information Officer, the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) works with senior leadership across the organization in development of a technical strategy, inclusive of data engineering and interoperability, for the Moffitt organization. This involves goal setting, preparing options, and analyzing risks. The CTO supports organizational strategic planning by researching and evaluating emerging technologies, translating the implications of new solutions into high impact, executable initiatives. This position proactively identifies threats and opportunities to the business and recommends appropriate strategies to respond to these trends.
Working in close collaboration with other IT leaders and key business partners, the CTO develops and implements short- and long-term roadmaps to ensure that the institutional technology portfolio enable both bold strategic objectives and core operational requirements.
- Works with technology leaders in areas of oversight to recruit and retain high performing teams, streamlines production operations, and advocates for innovative ideas and individuals on the team
- Maximizes the efficiency of production services and technologies by coordinating the various teams and operations involved in the process and ensuring there is no overlap.
- Recruits, manages and develops a leadership team to ensure success in all aspects of responsibility.
- Works directly with faculty, staff, leadership, and functional IT teams to provide oversight and responsibility of all technical, data engineering, interoperability, enterprise architecture, and customer service functions.
- Provides guidance in the development of service management processes and promotes initiatives throughout the Center that enhance service delivery.
- Serve as the visionary for all technology components of the organization's growth strategies, including goal setting, preparing options and analyzing risk for physical buildings, campuses, large scale renovations, and new lines of business.
- Researches and evaluates emerging technology trends and how they impact the technology direction of the Center.
- Serve as Chief Architect as needed to ensure IT Portfolio strategy decisions are in line with organizational goals and the approved to be architecture of the entire portfolio
- Work with Moffitt business partners, supporting acquisitions, digital ventures, and other relationships, building the company's presence and voice, and staying abreast of competitive or disruptive trends in industry.
- Monitors new technological developments that improve efficiency, customer satisfaction, and innovation strategies.
- Builds confidence in technology strategy in support the Moffitt vision and Impact 2028 strategies.
- Develops and implements communication plans to supply leadership, faculty and staff with appropriate information concerning upcoming implementations and technology strategy.
- Establishes strong relationships across the organization, provides education and clear communication on activities, and ensures customer service metrics are well-defined, measured, and updated routinely based on industry benchmarks.
- Participates and represents IT prospective and areas of oversight in internal meetings and program retreats as needed.
- Manage a strong on-line presence, targeted speaking opportunities and conferences, and recognition/awards for advanced technologies identify Moffitt as a center of excellence in the technology space.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – field of study: Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years in progressively responsible technology roles within the healthcare industry, including eight (8) years of progressive healthcare experience leading and managing cross-functional teams or projects and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Minimum seven (7) years leadership experience as a manager, director or above,
- Prior experience in directing the strategic design, acquisition, management, and implementation of an enterprise-wide technology infrastructure.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.