University of Oklahoma
ID: 7122699 (Ref.No. ta230313)
Posted: February 2, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Come join the staff at OU HSC and become a part of Oklahoma's premier research university which leads the state in education and career opportunities. OU HSC is one of only four comprehensive academic health centers in the nation with seven professional colleges. We are currently building world-class institutes for the treatment of diabetes and cancer.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of dish room, kitchen, walk-in refrigeration, back room, storage and surrounding areas.
- Scrapes and sorts dishes before loading them into a dishwashing machine for cleaning
- May work in a dish return area to prep dishes for cleaning
- Maintains dishwashing machine and report any mechanical faults to supervisor
- May be required to use dishwashing machines or hand wash
- Stocks and arranges kitchen utensils and dishes in an orderly manner
- Handles glassware and other fragile tableware to prevent breakage
- Transfers supplies, equipment, or food product between storage and work areas by hand or carts/dolly
- Keep kitchen supplies stocked
- Follows safe sanitation/cleaning standards for the work area when washing, sanitizing, and storing pots, pans, dishes, and tableware/kitchen utensils
- Maintains professional behavior and composure in difficult interpersonal situations
- Communicates with co-workers and others in calm considerate manner
- Provides efficient, friendly, and informative service following established customer service standards and departmental core purpose/core values
- Maintains a customer-focused attitude while performing job duties
- Leads and/or actively participates in customer service improvement initiatives and suggests new dishes, menus, and/or methods that lead to better service
- Handles complaints and brings any issue or concern to a supervisor or HR's attention
- Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency
- Participates in periodic employee meetings and contribute to the growth of an establishment
- May assist cooks with food prep as time allows
- Performs related duties as needed to successfully fulfill the functions of the position
Education/Experience: None required
- Ability to understand and learn how to use industrial dish washing machines
- Ability to understand health department regulations
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Able to handle varying workloads and meet deadlines as necessary
- Understands and promotes safe and clean conditions
- Ability to become skilled in the safe, sanitary, and effective handling of food, cooking utensils, food processing equipment, walk-in refrigeration, elevators, cash registers, food digester, dishwashers, time clock, etc.
- Uses tools to include but not limited to knives, splicers, potato peelers, etc. and/or small kitchen equipment in a manner requiring reasonable proficiency, generally derived from previous training or during the introductory period
- Food Handlers License within 30 days of hire
- Valid drivers license and on the OU Driving List prior to operating any university vehicle
- Physical: Perseverance, both physically and mentally, for fast-paced and demanding responsibilities required. Exposure to disagreeable conditions such as handling greasy, dirty materials, walking on slippery floors, walking or riding between buildings on campus, going in and out of walk-in refrigeration units, etc. Exposure to chemicals and noxious odors. Ability to lift objects up to 58 lbs. depending on job assignment. Ability to climb including ladders; crouch, crawl, bend or stoop; standing for short or extended time periods; walking for extended periods of time or over a long distance depending on job assignment; ability to engage in repetitive motions including movements of the hands, wrists or fingers; ability to feel and recognize temperature and texture; finger dexterity; ability to push and pull including using the upper body to exert force to draw, drag, haul or tug objects; receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Environmental: Adapt to a large kitchen environment with varying temperatures (-8 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit). As essential personnel you may be required to work during University closings. Nights and weekends may apply for any operations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.