Transfer Recruiter and Advisor of Admissions and Orientation
ID: 7122895 (Ref.No. BSU35699)
Posted: February 3, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage transfer college fairs and community/junior college visits; periodic travel throughout the year, including cultivate and build relationships with representatives from Ivy Tech, Vincennes, and other out-of-state community and junior colleges; possess working knowledge of enrollment history into Ball State from each respective college; identify prospective transfer students and assist in determining most effective communication strategy; help manage list of articulation agreements between Ball State and other universities; work closely with academic systems and advising to be able to successfully communicate transfer credit evaluations.
- Perform application review of transfer applications, make decisions regarding applications, and perform appropriate follow-up; assist the Director of the Transfer Center with managing application flow; make decisions regarding transfer scholarships.
- Represent the university to prospective students by communicating with various audiences; counsel and advise prospective students and families; make decisions about appropriate follow-up; present positive and professional image of Ball State.
- Support the Director of the Transfer Center in coordination of various admissions and orientation programs to make all decisions regarding scheduling, planning, implementing, and evaluating programs; initiate and maintain contact with other university units; arrange for invitations, physical setup, meal cards, staff assignments, and troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Advise prospective students on potential courses they could enroll at in their current institution in preparation for transferring to Ball State; work with orientation and transition programming for transfer students through first semester on campus including helping with advising.
- Represent the university at state/national professional organizations.
- Cross-train in Freshman recruitment information with a willingness to help with events and programming if needed.
- Provide options for students who do not meet admissions requirements, including recommending partnerships with Ivy Tech and Vincennes; communicate and provide guidance; evaluate programs for effectiveness.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.