Authority and Bibliographic Control Librarian
ID: 7123084 (Ref.No. BSU35711)
Posted: February 6, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate database enrichment and maintenance activities for bibliographic, authority, holdings, and item records; monitor emerging standards to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all records.
- Assign and review work, orient and train staff, and make recommendations in all areas related to supervision, including but not limited to interviewing and selection, compensation, discipline, performance appraisal, and training and career development of personnel.
- Catalog educational and informational resources in multimedia and print formats using international cataloging codes, metadata formats for bibliographic description, LC-PCC Policy Statements, controlled vocabularies for assigning subjects, and LC or other classification systems as specified by local practice.
- Create/update authority records for the Libraries' online authority file; perform database maintenance or enrichment functions as required.
- Participate in the development, documentation, and evaluation of unit policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in and positively contribute to the activities of the Libraries, university, and profession through such opportunities as related professional organizations, presentations, committee service, publication, etc.; keep abreast of professional literature and scholarly developments in areas of specialization and pursue opportunities for relevant professional development.
- Participate in metadata creation for specified digital collections and projects.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.