Senior Director, Clinical Data Orchestration
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
ID: 7124499 (Ref.No. hlj_43317)
Posted: February 13, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Senior Director, Clinical Data Orchestration
Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute is seeking a Senior Director, Clinical Data Orchestration is a new and unique leadership role within the Health Data Services Department led by the Vice President and Chief Data Officer. This Senior Director will help develop and lead Moffitt’s clinical data orchestration strategy, including alignment of enterprise needs for clinical data with tactical approaches for curating clinical data and optimizing the value of curated clinical data through internal and external data-sharing partnerships.
The Senior Director will establish a disease-specific clinical data steward program, regularly engaging Moffitt faculty to solicit input on their clinical data needs and devising strategies for curating clinical data within the clinical departments. The Senior Director will partner closely with colleagues within Health Data Services as well as Clinical Informatics to align clinical disease-specific curated data marts with clinical data acquisition via the electronic health record and downstream data linkages within the Moffitt Cancer Analytics Platform. In addition, the Senior Director will help identify, develop, advance, and execute on internal and external data-sharing partnerships including clinical registry-based studies and other real-world evidence (RWE) sponsored research agreements.
Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute is proud to be Florida’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center located in Tampa. We strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Every Team Member of Moffitt focuses on our lasting commitment to our mission: To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
- Opportunity to work in a highly collaborative organization bringing together multidisciplinary teams including clinicians, researchers, technical and operational leaders to advance precision oncology, care delivery and discovery.
- Serving as a critical bridge between clinicians and Health Data Services, a key pillar within Moffitt’s Center of Digital health, to advance the enterprise data strategy through ongoing stakeholder engagement, deployment of innovative technologies and development of novel data-related products and services.
- Conceptualizing, defining and implementing data curation and data sharing workflows both within Moffitt and with outside industry partners.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Hands-on experience curating and analyzing clinical data, particularly in oncology
- Experience interacting with research and clinical faculty at an academic medical center
- Knowledge of data warehousing, data curation, data governance and business intelligence tools
- Experience with clinical informatics; working knowledge of medical ontologies
- Ability to lead through influence, working across areas of diverse expertise and backgrounds
- Ability to facilitate consensus-building across multiple stakeholders with diverse interests and objectives
- Demonstrated proficiency in mentorship and leadership development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including effectively tailoring communications to technical, scientific, executive and lay audiences alike
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Public Health, Informatics, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or related field, Computer Science or similar fields OR MD plus a Master’s Degree in a relevant field is required.
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience including a track record of successfully balancing strategy development with operational effectiveness is required.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in medical research (oncology preferred), including working with electronic medical records, billing systems, and other primary hospital data sources, conducting advanced statistical analyses, and a proven track record of collaboration with physicians.
- Five (5) years of experience leading strategic or cross-functional initiatives and direct management of staff.
Moffitt Team Members are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave, and more. You may be eligible for relocation allowance per policy. Reasons to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city, which has become a hub for ground-breaking research, welcoming individuals from around the globe. This diverse city is engulfed with rich culture, year-round activities for all, beautiful beaches, amazing cuisine and so much more. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.