SR DIR CDH PLANNING AND OPTIMIZATION
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
ID: 7124776 (Ref.No. hlj_43343)
Posted: February 14, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Sr Director, CDH Planning and Optimization
- Reporting directly to the CIO, the Senior Director, CDH Planning and Optimization is a key member of the CIO’s leadership team and acts as a strategist, advisor, and enabler through involvement with strategic planning, enterprise architecture, financial planning and analysis, workforce management, communications, operations efficiency, and special projects.
- This position performs as an extension of the CIO to balance priorities, communicate effectively, and maximize the effectiveness and productivity of the leadership team and across the Center for Digital Health (CDH) as a whole.
- The Senior Director will be responsible to develop presentations and present to both internal and external stakeholders including executives and C-suite.
- This position is responsible for developing metrics and KPI for the various areas of responsibility and report out on a regular basis.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have related experience in a similar role (i.e. Office CIO, Deputy CIO, Chief of Staff, etc.)
- The ideal candidate will have product management, program management or similar experience in the tech industry.
- Strategic Planning:
- Work with leadership team to define and communicate strategic goals for the organization.
- Represent and communicate shared vision across the team and with partners across the company.
- Drive alignment on common strategic frameworks that govern technology investments and roadmaps.
- Act as sounding board for CIO and leadership team on business technology strategy and offer business perspectives on key strategic decisions.
- Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Work with leadership to develop financial plans to meet organizational targets.
- Oversee execution of financial plan to ensure meeting budgetary targets.
- Partner with finance on technology budget management (OpEx and CapEx), headcount management and forecasting.
- Workforce Management:
- Champion people initiatives in partnership with HR - oversee the CIO office planning process from an operational and staffing perspective.
- Review, design, and execute improvements to organizational structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them by developing formal professional development and mentoring programs.
- Disseminate CIO’s vision for IT culture throughout the organization.
- Develop and manage both internal and external CIO Office communications in a way that demonstrates a deep understanding of message content and impact on the intended audience. This includes but is not limited to team emails, intranet sites, blogs, newsletters, etc.
- Collaborate on content development and preparation for key forums.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the CIO, assist in managing of requests, pre-preparation of materials, and follow up on action items.
- Oversee the preparation and production of executive presentations, including but not limited to reviews, all hands meetings, internal and external speaking engagements, offsites, and events.
- Enterprise Architecture:
- Oversee the IT department’s EA function, ensuring development of standards and processes to implement and adhere to these standards.
- Develop processes for proper technology solutioning that will leverage collaborative power of architects throughout the organization.
- Special Initiatives and Strategic Projects:
- Oversee cross-functional projects while ensuring technology effectiveness across IT departments and multiple business units.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required – field of study: Liberal Arts, Business Administration, Management, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years in progressively responsible technology roles within the healthcare industry, including eight (8) years of progressive healthcare experience leading and managing cross-functional teams or projects and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Minimum seven (7) years leadership experience as a manager, director or above.
- Experience or related experience in any or all of the following: driving communications at scale, establishing culture, working with executives and leadership teams, highly-skilled presentation creation.
- Highly collaborative and an exceptional communicator, ability to influence and develop strategy across the four distinct pillars of CDH (IT, Health Data Services, Clinical Informatics, and Digital Innovation).
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.