Research Associate - Public Health
Baylor College of Medicine
ID: 7127794 (Ref.No. 14984-en_US)
Posted: March 11, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center (DLDCCC), Office of Outreach and Health Disparities is seeking a Research Associate with a Master’s degree (minimum) to assist with implementation and dissemination of epidemiology research and to expand the reach of the DLDCCC Community Outreach and Engagement (COE) program activities.
- Public health, dissemination, implementation and epidemiological research to expand the reach of DLDCCC COE activities to the recently expanded catchment area.
- Multi-component health-system-based interventions to improve cancer prevention and control – ongoing projects as well as continuous planning for renewals or new research projects.
- Community-based participatory research projects and targeted educational activities (i.e., development and implementation of educational series to improve participation in clinical trials, Theater Outreach Program).
- Other community engaged research and educational activities for the COE, as assigned.
- Conducts, monitors and analyzes research and educational projects under general guidance from Principal Investigators and COE Directors.
- Designs, develops and implements educational resources and programs under guidance of Principal Investigators and COE Directors.
- Coordinates, supports and participates in the COE program community outreach activities, including implementation of the Theater Outreach Program activities. 10%
- Responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, and administering research and educational projects.
- Manages and reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is made toward specified program objectives and participates in the preparation of evaluation reports.
- Prepares and reviews reports of research findings.
- Develops research methods and procedures for implementing and administering specific research and educational projects.
- Conducts data-gathering interviews; maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary.
- Conducts literature searches and prepares literature reviews to support specific research and educational projects.
- Responsible for formulating research objectives, programs, and priorities in consultation with the Principal Investigator and COE Directors.
- Authors or edits technical reports and research abstracts for presentations and conferences.
- Assists with writing research, grant and educational proposals; monitor proposals through to completion.
- Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Masters degree or PhD in Public Health, Health Promotion, Epidemiology
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Outreach or community health experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, other project management or media production tools/software
- Demonstrated ability to manage and honor confidential information and establish positive working relationships with diverse groups
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and think proactively, organize work projects, and complete tasks within assigned time frames, while being flexible in order to respond positively and quickly to shifting demands and opportunities
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.