Assistant Coordinator, Mail Services
Baylor College of Medicine
ID: 7134669 (Ref.No. 15142-en_US)
Posted: March 18, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Baylor College of Medicine is seeking an Assistant Coordinator, Mail Services who will receive, sort, categorize and deliver mail packages. This position is also responsible for collecting, processing out-bound mail to the post office, tracking and cost-identifying procedures for mail in SAP.
- Receives USPS mail and packages.
- Sorts mail and packages by mail stop.
- Delivers mail and packages to appropriate College departments.
- Picks up mail from departments and other locations throughout the College's occupied facilities.
- Follows departmental procedures for tracking registered mail to delivery location.
- Processes outgoing mail, properly calculating and allocating charges in SAP.
- Uses College's vehicle to drop off mail at US post office at the end of the day.
- Facilitates retail / counter post office transactions.
- Communicates with customers to follow up on undeliverable mail.
- Addresses and solves routing customer service problems.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid Texas Driver's License; clean driving record; three years of driving history in the United States.
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds and be on your feet for several hours.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.