Manager, Research Operations
Baylor College of Medicine
ID: 7136578 (Ref.No. 15177-en_US)
Posted: March 28, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Manager, Research Operations contributes to the implementation of activities and programs to ensure research projects are in compliance and have met all required objectives and goals in the Pediatric Anesthesiology Department. The role supports the Research Division as a whole and its strategic planning, growth, and management. The Manager, Research Operations will also manage professional level employees, including research nurses and research coordinators. Experience with pre/post award grant management process is necessary.
- Plans, develops and executes research operations; arranges and assigns work to best use research project funds
- Monitors the use of expenditures to meet organizational objectives and compliance; prepares budget documents and reports; systematically plans and monitors research project expenditures
- Manages primarily professional level employees, to include defining work responsibilities and prioritization, setting performance development plans and goals, and conducting annual performance evaluations
- Determines long-range plans and schedules within established research objectives; assists in preparing grant proposals and executing industry contracts
- Ensures the ongoing review and development of process improvements to maximize productivity
- Assists with special projects and annual reports
- Manages research finances (budget design and development, effort protection and certification, ongoing monitoring, invoicing, close-out reporting, etc.)
- Project development and proposal submission
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- SoCRA CCRP or ACRP CCRC
- Experience with clinical trial coordination
- Experience submitting grants and managing research finances
- Familiarity with FDA IND/IDE lifecycle
- Must have strong written and oral presentation skills and a high attention to detail
- Familiarity with a variety of the research fields concepts, practices and procedures
- Demonstrated experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Familiarity working in a clinical environment
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.