Faculty Assistant Management Accountant
University of Leeds
Leeds, United Kingdom
ID: 7136646 (Ref.No. CSFIN1243)
Posted: March 28, 2023
Salary: Grade 7 (£36,333 - £43,155 p.a. depending on experience)
This role will be based on the university campus, with scope for it to be undertaken in a hybrid manner. We are also open to discussing flexible working arrangements.
Do you have experience of working in a financial environment, with a proven track record of financial reporting, planning and forecasting principles? Are you customer focussed, with the ability to work effectively as part of a team, delivering a professional and supportive finance service to a wide range of stakeholders?
The University of Leeds is one of the top 135 universities in the world. We have a truly global community, with more than 39,000 students from 170 different countries and over 9,000 staff of 100 different nationalities. Established in 1904, we have a strong tradition of academic excellence, reflected in first-class student education, along with world-leading research that has a real impact around the globe.
The purpose of this role is to provide Business Partnering support in providing high quality financial management information, financial analysis and financial planning support to the Faculty of Business. This role reports to the Faculty Management Accountant and supports the financial reporting, forecasting and the annual budgeting exercise.
You will be customer focussed and flexible in your approach and work as part of the faculty finance team. The role includes undertaking detailed financial analysis to determine financial performance at a Faculty and Departmental level, and to support activity based costing and student number planning.
Please note: Key attributes will be tested at interview.
What we offer in return
• 26 days holiday plus 16 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – that’s 42 days a year!
• Generous pension scheme – the University contributes 21.6% of salary
• Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
• Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
• Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Karen Hall, Faculty Head of Finance
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 31905
Email: [email protected]
|Location:||Leeds - Main Campus|
|School/Institute:||Finance (inc Payroll)|
|Category:||Professional & Managerial|
|Salary:||£36,333 to £43,155 per annum|
|Post Type:||Full Time|
|Release Date:||Monday 27 March 2023|
|Closing Date:||Sunday 23 April 2023|
The University community is made up of a wide range of people with diverse backgrounds and circumstances, which we value and regard as a great asset. As part of our continued commitment to equality and inclusion, we strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and have a real opportunity to participate in and contribute to our activities.