Research Technician II
Baylor College of Medicine
ID: 7136839 (Ref.No. 15241-en_US)
Posted: March 29, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Division of Cardiothoracic Transplant Surgery is seeking a qualified Research Technician II to assist with managing a robust cardiac database along with assisting with case reports, data clean up and support clinical research. This position will be under the direct of Principal Investigator. Technician will provide research support/responsibilities in a hospital setting.
- Performs responsible research work that requires preparing, conducting, planning, completing and occasionally supervising limited research projects including the Brockman Research Project, in accordance with general plans approved by supervisor.
- Designs and conducts research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data including clinical data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for studies.
- Documents and interprets results of experiments and reports to principal investigator.
- Develops and modifies computer programs.
- Selects, evaluates and determines appropriate research procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.