Research Technician II
Baylor College of Medicine
ID: 7136840 (Ref.No. 15233-en_US)
Posted: March 29, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Tsai Lab in the Department of Biochemistry is seeking a Research Technician II to investigate protein quality control mechanisms, stress responses, and host-microbe interactions related to aging and metabolic and neurodegenerative diseases. The successful applicant will assist with making recombinant proteins for biochemical and structural analysis and perform enzymatic assays. This is a full-time, in-person research position.
- Prepares biological buffers and chemical stock solutions.
- Performs experiments in protein biochemistry.
- Prepares figures and assists in writing reports related to experiments performed.
- Assists with ordering supplies and with general laboratory upkeep.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
- Experience in a biochemistry lab is desired.
- Experience with routine molecular biology and/or biochemistry methods is an advantage.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.