MGR HEALTHCARE PROCESS ENGINEERING
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
ID: 7139012 (Ref.No. hlj_44210)
Posted: April 10, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Manager of Healthcare Process Engineering is responsible for leading Moffitt's Process Excellence Insights team dedicated Healthcare Process Engineers who provide work systems engineering, simulation modeling, concept and solution scenario development, process analysis and synthesis services. This role partners with leaders across the organization (both operations and shared services) to drive and support the identification of opportunities, typically focused on the organization's most critical strategic and operational challenges. This includes providing stewardship and ongoing support for the organization's cultural maturation in the use of data to develop insights for operational decision making. In addition, this role provides ownership and leads the organization's ongoing use and refinement of productivity and benchmarking tools and methods to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
This role is responsible for coaching, mentoring, and developing a team of highly skilled professionals as well as supporting organizational leadership and staff in the maturing of Moffitt's capabilities related to the use of data to drive operational improvement and sustained excellence.
- Master’s Degree in MEM, MSIE, MHA, MBA, I/O Psych, or Related Field
- Lean, Kaizen, or Six Sigma certification preferred
- Healthcare process improvement experience preferred
- Discrete-event simulation modeling and optimization modeling preferred
- Data visualization business intelligence tools
- SQL script development and/or other code-based report development
Education and Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Enginering, Engineering Management, Business Admin., Ops Research, Business Intelligence or Related Field
- At least 7 years of analytic and/or engineering experience, including mentoring/coaching others
in the leadership of improvement efforts
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience within process engineering as supervisor, team lead,
program manager, manager, or above.
- Lead highly technical team of Healthcare Process Engineers
- Ideate, develop and deploy complex engineering and/or advanced analytic problem solving methods
- Scope, shape, define, and prioritize the delivery of data analysis/insights to support the organization's strategic goals
- Mature Moffitt's use of capacity, productivity and benchmarking tools
- Complete performance reviews and other management duties
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.