Business Systems Analyst
Posted: May 23, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Financial Services at UW Platteville seeks Business Systems Analyst. This position serves as a functional analyst and liaison for the Cashier's Office on technical and business processes with ITS, user departments, and third-party software vendors. The position, in conjunction with the Cashier's Office staff, is also responsible for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of the Pioneer Administrative Software System (PASS) Student Financial module and other software used by the Cashier's Office. This position makes final determinations on systems requirements and technology selection and performs complex data analysis to ensure data management objectives are met. Provides guidance to lower-level staff and serves as a subject matter expert to leadership.
The Business Systems Analyst serves as part of the Cashier's Office management team in understanding business requirements and determining, prioritizing, and implementing processes and software plans to meet identified needs to provide excellent service to students and their families as well as department and campus staff. It provides support in implementing and administering University policies as well as state and federal regulations as they relate to the Cashier’s office functions, and reports to the Director of Student Financial Services. This position requires high levels of confidentiality and professionalism, in addition to, effective interpersonal, time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to effectively execute the goals and mission of the department with a proactive personal sense of urgency.
This is a full-time position offering excellent benefits and paid leave. Salary range is $62,500-$65,000 and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Provides direction for the mapping of business processes using advanced process-mapping methodologies
- Makes recommendations in the selection of technology solutions to align with business strategies
- Provides guidance to lower-level staff in the design, development, and implementation of data reporting and business intelligence systems
- Designs, develops, and implements complex data reporting and business intelligence systems
- Provides advanced procedural and technical guidance to unit staff regarding technology usage and management
- Develops and assesses opportunities for new unit staff training opportunities
- Performs complex data analyses and reporting
- Serves as a project lead for lower-level IT staff providing guidance on specific project goals, outcomes, and technological components
- Serves as a subject matter expert to institutional and unit leadership on critical technology issues
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field
• Two years' experience with computer application management
• Knowledge of complex automated software systems-for example: Oracle/PeopleSoft, PASS, SQL, Java and general software development cycles
• Strong critical and analytical skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate with constituencies.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
• Knowledge of Governmental Fund Accounting
• Professional experience within higher education
• Current experience in using large-scale software packages (e.g., Oracle/PeopleSoft)
• Experience creating and analyzing business processes
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, applications due by: May 29, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
A current resume
Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
Additional documents as needed
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.