Sr. IAM Bus Systems Analyst
Harvard Medical School
ID: 7146891 (Ref.No. hh-62654BR)
Posted: May 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The IAM Senior Business Systems Analyst (SBSA) will engage directly with functional process and data owners across Harvard Medical School to document and incorporate the assessment of current and desired state of Onboarding processes and Access Management to Harvard Medical School services and applications for all HMS users.
Reporting to the Program Manager for Identity and Access Management, they will research, design, document, implement, configure, and validate solutions to various business needs. The Senior Business Systems Analyst will drive consensus among stakeholders to simplify and harmonize business processes. They may manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work at an expert level within a team on most phases of service analysis and consider the business implications of technology applications to the current and future business environment
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate business needs into systems requirements and scoping
- Define systems requirements, conduct gap analysis, and identify feasible alternative solutions that meet defined business objectives
- Responsible for business transition management to ensure that systems are understood by users
- Contribute to the development of plans and policies for a unit/school
- Advise unit/school
- Abide by and follow the Harvard University IT technical standards, policies and Code of Conduct
- Interview business owners to understand business problem/question; collect, analyze and present data to identify trends, causes, risks and opportunities
- Conceptualize, research, design, develop and deliver complex reports and analyses
- Leverage a variety of qualitative and quantitative techniques to derive valuable, actionable information from data
- Minimum of five years’ post-secondary education or relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of and experience working on identity and access management
- Knowledge of information technology applications, processes, software and equipment
- Knowledge of Higher-ed and Hospital IT environments
- Experience with ServiceNow, Jira, and other project management tools
- Experience with Visio, LucidChart, Balsamiq, and other business analysis tools
- Experience with Excel or other data analysis tools
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to effectively translate technical topics into business language
- Negotiation skills, ability to drive consensus
- Ability to navigate conflicting priorities, ability to influence
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor
Additional InformationThis position is based in Boston and some in-person on-campus work will be required, and flexible/remote work is an option. Any remote work must be performed in a state in which Harvard is registered to do business (CA*, CT, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VA, VT, and WA). Individual flexible and remote work options for this role will be discussed during the interview process. *Note: Harvard employees working in California must be exempt.
The health of our workforce is a priority for Harvard University. With that in mind, we strongly encourage all employees to be up-to-date on CDC-recommended vaccines.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Not ready to apply? Join our talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities!
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and BelongingWe are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
EEO StatementWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvard Medical School strives to cultivate an environment that promotes inclusiveness and collaboration among students, faculty and staff and to create new avenues for discussion that will advance our shared mission to improve the health of people throughout the world.