Research Administration Specialist
Baylor College of Medicine
ID: 7147348 (Ref.No. 15985-en_US)
Posted: May 26, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety, is seeking a Research Administration Specialist to join our team at Baylor College of Medicine and the Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center in Houston, TX. As the largest center for Health Services Research in the Southwest, our mission is to improve health and well-being through innovations in health care delivery. The selected candidate will be an enthusiastic, detail-oriented individual who is passionate about contributing to the field of health services research.
- Research Contracts and Budgets.
- Prepare pre- and post- award budgets, negotiates and communicates effectively for contractual language between sponsor and Grant and Contracts, the Legal Department, Research Finance, and with the PI for approval.
- Contribute to the implementation of pre-award and/or post award activities and programs including, but not limited to, successful submission of research grants, progress reports, and close out.
- Submit and monitor applications through the grant life cycle to include interpreting requirements and making recommendations to supported faculty.
- Approve and monitor financial transactions and activities of faculty grant accounts by reviewing and reconciling accounts.
- Develop and prepare grant reports.
- Contribute to developing and monitoring grant project timelines.
- In collaboration with the Sponsored Programs Office, create sub-contracts and other relevant documents.
- Track and communicate NIH/VA guidelines regarding progress report and close out documents.
- Ensure that each application is in compliance with sponsor guidelines, the budget complies with college and sponsor requirements, and that all required sections of applications are complete and submitted in a timely manner.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree. No experience required with Bachelor's degree or Certified Research Administrator certification through the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC).
- Research experience in a Healthcare Institutional setting who has managed pre- and post- grant awards.
- Great organizational and communication skills needed. Computer/spreadsheet savvy.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.