Assistant, Simulation Center (Hourly)
ID: 7147443 (Ref.No. R-4291)
Posted: May 23, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:Assistant, Simulation Center (Hourly)
Job Description Summary:Assist in providing simulation center/skills lab support services to faculty and students. Afternoon shift (1pm - 6pm) and as needed.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Afternoon shift (1pm - 6pm) and as needed.
- Maintains simulation rooms, skills labs and/or technical classroom environment by organizing, cleaning, and preparing materials and supplies.
- Performs clerical duties including operating a computer, maintaining records and files, and compiling data and reports as required.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies and materials.
- Organizes preparation of lab materials, supplies, workstations, equipment, computers, and other media to ensure efficient center operations.
- Ensures safe laboratory conditions including safe and secure handling and storage of supplies and equipment; recommends, implements, and maintains safety standards and departmental policies and procedures to comply with federal, state, and local hazardous materials, health and safety, hazardous waste regulations, and other applicable regulations.
- Operates, installs, maintains, and troubleshoots equipment; sets up, configures, and calibrates new equipment; Performs routine maintenance and repair.
- Checks laundry and washes/dries/folds sheets, towels, gowns, etc. as needed.
- Organizes lab stations and supplies carts as needed.
- Assists in the set-up, turnover, and break down of simulation activities.
- May assist students in use of lab equipment and facilities.
- May be assigned special projects or assignments.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of basic nursing skills
- Simulation Center policies and procedures.
- Hazardous material/waste handling and disposal.
- Laboratory safety practices.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Effectively working with diverse faculty and students.
- Understanding and following instructions precisely.
- Handling lab materials precisely and accurately.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
Preferred Work Experience
- Two years related work experience preferred.
- Medical assistant, certified nurse assistant, patient care technician, or current Health Science student such as nursing, emergency medical services, surgical technology, etc.
- Must be in good standing, maintaining passing grades in all coursework and have satisfactory attendance in all clinical sites.
- Depending on area of assignment, may require training in handling hazardous materials.
- Able to work Saturdays and evenings if needed.
- Work is routinely performed in a health science simulation center.
- May be subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, climbing, pushing, and pulling.
- Subject to the handling of hazardous materials.
- Occasional to routine lifting of objects up to 50 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Number of Openings:2
Job Posting Close Date:May 31, 2023
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.