Manager, Student Support Program
Austin Community College
ID: 7147444 (Ref.No. R-4281)
Posted: May 23, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:Manager, Student Support Program
Job Description Summary:Responsible for the oversight, management, and success of the Black Student Support Program to achieve its objectives and goals while increasing knowledge related to higher education, career assessment, and life skills.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Designs, implements, and evaluates proactive intervention, retention, and support activities for Black students.
2) Develops and implements comprehensive systems and successful strategies to assist Black students, and creates and supports a culture that supports their educational success.
3) Identifies agencies and community service providers to deliver presentations and/or support outreach activities; builds relationships with local businesses and employers for future employment or internship opportunities.
4) Serves as a liaison to Black student organizations and partner with the African American Cultural Center in support of cultural and community events.
5) Serves as communication liaison for recruitment efforts with students regarding retention and student success services.
6) Monitors project data collection for retention efforts. In collaboration with the Student Success and Data Analytics team, monitors student retention data and assists in the development and implementation of success programs by incorporating data analysis and current research into campus-based retention.
7) Assesses retention and success initiatives and makes recommendations to increase Black student success, including the use of predictive analytics.
8) Assists students with the transition to baccalaureate institutions or employment. Performs other tasks as assigned that support and advance the College and student success.
9) Leverages the Early Alert System for identifying at-risk students and implementing early intervention strategies to improve retention and completion.
10) Remains current on innovative retention and completion strategies including efforts to improve time to degree by improving remediation and support services.
11) May provide guidance to students.
12) May lead or serve on various councils and committees.
* Current theories and research in college student services including retention and completion strategies.
* Principles and practices associate with Servant-Leadership.
* Familiarity with statistical and analytical methodologies.
* Knowledge of current change management theories.
* Knowledge and understanding of student services processes and procedures, enrollment trends, and ACC culture and academic curricula.
* Ability to maintain an established work schedule which may include evenings and weekends.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills.
* Effective organizational and program development skills.
* Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
* Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in diverse contexts.
* Ability to gather, interpret and communicate the results of quantitative and qualitative statistical data.
* Ability to utilize required technology programs used by student services.
* Exhibits strong leadership qualities that promote excellent customer service in handling of student services.
* Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word-processing, database and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
* Two years related work experience including one year supervisory experience.
* Completion of the ACC Supervisor Certificate Program will satisfy the supervisory experience required for the position.
Preferred Work Experience
* Two or more years of progressive work experience advising or counseling diverse populations.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Master's degree in counseling, education, or related field.
Other Preferred Qualification
* Experience with Colleague/Ellucian applications.
* Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor (LPC-S), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), LIcensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), Psychologist, or comparable state or national licensure.
* Work is performed in a standard office or similar setting.
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
* Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
* Supervise safe operation of unit. Facilitate safety inspections. Take reasonable and prudent actions to eliminate identified hazards. Ensure employees receive appropriate safety training and foster a workplace safety culture.
$59,378 - $74,223
Number of Openings:1
Job Posting Close Date:June 5, 2023
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.