CSN Blackstone LaunchPad Faculty Ambassador
College of Southern Nevada
CSN - North Las Vegas Campus,
ID: 7147451 (Ref.No. R0136930)
Posted: May 23, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
We are seeking a seasoned and energetic professional who can deliver on key responsibilities to help sustain and grow the Blackstone LaunchPad program (BLP) at the College of Southern Nevada (CSN).
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Help drive and execute the BLP program on campus, which may include events, workshops, boot camps, accelerators, and other entrepreneurship and skill-building programming for students
· Help develop collaborative and comprehensive student engagement
and outreach strategies
· Inspire and coach students and ventures
· Actively participate in BLP network and in relevant communities of practice
· Engage BLP Stewardship Council to support marketing and fundraising activities
· Cultivate mentors and other supporters of student entrepreneurship at CSN
· 5 years of professional teaching experience
· Ability to lead and mentor students in a variety of skill-building programs
related to entrepreneurship
· Master’s Degree in a Business or a related field
· Ph.D. in a business-related field
Subject Matter Expert (SME). Based on a combination of education and experience
· Level I: $29.74/Hour
· Level II: $36.32/Hour
· Level III: $45.41/Hour
(Contingent upon grant funding)
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
· Resume - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
· Cover letter
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date06/30/2023
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.