Part- Time Athletics Program Assistant
College of Southern Nevada
CSN - Henderson Campus,
ID: 7147454 (Ref.No. R0137033)
Posted: May 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
The Athletics Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Sports Information Director with all aspects of planning and running sports leagues, camps, and events. Duties include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Answering questions regarding athletic programs, both over the phone and in person.
- Take and process athletic registration forms and payment – in person, online, over the phone, or faxed in.
- Data entry for new registrations and member info.
- On-site set-up, supervision, and clean-up of games/practices.
- Referee games if needed.
- Prepare equipment and materials for distribution to coaches.
- Assist is seeking program sponsorship.
- Assist in advertising and marketing.
- Assist the Administrative Office staff with other duties as assigned.
The Athletics Assistant will work closely with the Sports Information Director and other Athletic & Campus Recreation staff in a positive and professional manner. They will work to ensure the success of the programs, while maintaining the principals and mission of Athletic & Campus Recreation. Traveling between the Henderson, Water Street & North Las Vegas Campus.
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- A working knowledge of a variety of sports.
- Experience in sports.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and develop solutions with limited supervision.
- Interpersonal skills to build and maintain working relationships with a variety of people – volunteers, coaches, referees, club staff.
- Ability to handle stressful and volatile situations in a calm and professional manner.
$1,500 Flat Rate (2 month contract)
To be considered for this position, you must upload the following document to your application:
- Cover letter
- Resume/CV: List a detailed description of the major duties you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly document.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date06/30/2023
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.