College Work Study - Career Services - North Las Vegas - Su23
CSN - North Las Vegas Campus,
ID: 7147458 (Ref.No. R0136983)
Posted: May 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
**Only students who have completed this year’s FAFSA, have an approved Silver State Regents Service Program Application, and are enrolled in at least 6 eligible credits for the summer are eligible to apply**
For Semester/Term: Summer 2023
Hiring Department: Career Services
Location: North Las Vegas
Supervisor: Ruth Robles-Serna
Work Hours per week: up to 20.0
Hourly Rate of Pay: $12.95
What our office does: This office assists students in exploration, job search assistance to students and alumni, provides job listing, and resumes/cover letter review with appointment scheduling. Provide assistance to qualified students with significant carriers to education and/or employment. Strive to help students improve their academic performance and their personal skills.
This position aids our students and staff by completing the following duties:
- Answering and transferring calls on multi-line phone
- Making copies, shredding, and faxing paperwork
- Posting employment information and upcoming Career Service events around campus
- Assisting walk-in students, faculty, and community members
- Direct students to appropriate departments in person and/or via telephone
- Participating and assisting with on campus and/or virtual events
- Additional duties as assigned
Our services benefit: CSN students and staff
Work Experience in our Department supports the following Degree/Certificate Programs:
Associate of General Studies
Punctual, reliable, and trustworthy; able to follow directions and communicate; have good typing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office systems; and good overall understanding of diverse multicultural environments.
To be considered for this position, you must upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/CV List a detailed description of the major duties you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented
- A copy if your latest CSN Award Notification showing the Student Employment Award. You can find it in your email or in your MyCSN Communication Center.
INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
Offer and acceptance of a Work Study Award are not a guarantee of employment. Wages under this position are paid from Work Study awards administered by the CSN Financial Aid Department. To maintain eligibility, students must
- Show a financial aid eligible major (degree or certificate program) declared with the CSN Office of the Registrar, and
- Meet Financial Aid Satisfactory Progress after each semester/term to qualify for employment within the academic year, and
- Show degree compliant enrollment for each semester/term for which funding is desired.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits and meet additional eligibility requirements of the Silver State Regents Service Program for summer semester/term employment
Posting Close Date06/30/2023
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.