Part - Time Henderson Campus Leadership Front Desk Supervisor - FY 2023
CSN - Henderson Campus,
ID: 7150708 (Ref.No. R0137032)
Posted: May 26, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Student Government and Leadership Development are seeking two part-time employees for each of its three Student Unions who are student-centered and customer friendly. Under the supervision of the Director of Student Government and Leadership Development, the Leadership Front Desk Supervisor represents the Student Government and Student Union Offices. As the hub of the student union, the Leadership Front Desk Supervisor assists and supports students and staff at CSN.
In addition to providing administrative support to the Student Government and Leadership Development departments, Leadership Front Desk Supervisor coordinates the onboarding process for students and staff. The Director or members of the Director's Leadership Team may request this position to assist with projects, events, and initiatives for the department. Leadership Front Desk Supervisors are responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative and office operations of the area. Ensures that all office functions are rendered in a quality manner and supervises the volunteer and student workers.
- Assist in the operation of the Student Government and Student Union front desks.
- On-site supervisor for Federal Work Student Students, Leadership Program Assistants, Student Government Members, and Leadership Program Volunteers.
- Identify discrepancies, resolve problems, and provide guidance to student staff; authorize and approve documents within assigned parameters.
- Participates in structured outreach for various student government and leadership development office initiatives.
- Function as a referral source throughout the academic year to support all students and student services areas at all three campuses.
- Inventory of all student government union supplies.
- Assist Student Government and Leadership Development Team with the implementation of an assessment plan throughout the academic year.
- Attend and participate in all required training workshops provided in student services and college transition.
- Coordinating monthly meetings, and training student union staff.
- Guiding student staff through employee onboarding including all essential documents and direct deposit information.
- Verifying payroll of student employees.
- Verifying students are adhering to scheduling expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have proficient computer skills including the ability to work remotely using various collaborative computer software such as MS Teams, Webex, and or Zoom.
- Must have an associate degree completed or nearly completed an associate degree within the academic year hired.
- Ability to demonstrate a focus and practice on putting “students first” that translates in all responsibilities as a Student Government and Leadership Development Office Team..
- Demonstrate effective communication and people skills, along with the ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds and skill levels.
- At least one year of customer service experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot minor computer issues (e.g., sign-in, log-on, computer access issues)
- Perform duties in such a way as to foster a work atmosphere that promotes civility, courtesy, collegiality, collaboration, and overall excellent customer service.
- Ability to work up to 19.5 hours per week; may require work on weekends and evenings for Student Government and Leadership Development events as assigned.
- Ability to network with students in person and virtually; may be responsible for participation in Student Government and Leadership Development communication/projects/events.
- May be asked to assist in the training of new student government members for the '23- '24 school year.
- Temporary assignment with an expected end date of 6.30.23
- The ability to speak a second language (e.g., Spanish).
- Community College experience and/or former CSN student.
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date06/30/2023
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.