Part -Time Leadership Program Assistant- North Las Vegas Campus
College of Southern Nevada
CSN - North Las Vegas Campus,
ID: 7150709 (Ref.No. R0137031)
Posted: May 26, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
The Leadership Program Assistant is a student staff member in the Office of Student Life and Leadership Development. The Leadership Program Assistant for Leadership Programs is expected to embody the Office of Student Development Vision Statement, to value and empower fellow students, and to assist with various duties in the Office of Student Life and Leadership Development when needed. Leadership Program Assistants perform their work in a highly collaborative environment and should expect to work closely with student and professional staff to complete responsibilities of the position. The Leadership programs Assistant must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours at the North Las Vegas Campus and maintain a semester GPA of 2.5
- May serve on planning teams for department and/or divisional leadership programs
- Participate in leadership training sessions for student organizations and other student leaders upon request
- Participate in the development and implementation of new programs and services related to leadership education
- Assist with the development of promotional strategies and communication efforts for leadership development programs, events, and processes
- Attend all team meetings, training sessions, etc.
- Provide quality customer service to organizations and individuals.
- As needed, assist the front desk staff with clerical tasks to support activities of the Student Government Office which includes but is not limited to: copying, filing, and processing incoming and outgoing mail
- assist in providing information through hanging flyers, answering questions about information posted at the desk, the Student Union and around campus.
- Monitor the bulletin boards and building display locations daily for notices that are outdated or no longer pertinent to the campus community in accordance with the Student Center posting policy and remove any notices displayed improperly. This includes take down of posters in the student center and outdated posters.
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover letter
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date06/30/2023
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.