Posted: May 30, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary and rank based on experience and qualifications: $58,705
• Bachelor's degree in education, data analytics, mathematics, social science, psychology, business, or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university
• Experience in quantitative analysis and applying quantitative skills to solving problems.
• Passion for analyzing data and communicating insights in visually compelling ways.
• Master's Degree in education, data analytics, mathematics, social science, psychology, business, or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university.
• Experience working in higher education.
• Two years of experience compiling and analyzing data using Power BI, Excel, and Tableau.
• Project management experience or formal project management training.
1. The Data Analyst will need to act as a problem solver, be innovative, and always look to apply new or existing technologies to automate business processes to meet the needs of the college.
2. The Data Analyst will format, combine, and deliver accurate data using prescribed programs/reports and programs/reports/dashboards they develop using Excel, Power BI, Tableau, and other reporting tools, which will enable leadership to make data-driven business decisions as well as allow employees to serve student needs better to ensure student success.
3. The Data Analyst's scope of work typically requires cross-functional coordination and/or collaboration across the college, working with individuals and teams from all areas of the college divisions and departments.
4. The Data Analyst utilizes strong analytical and business process analysis skills to thoroughly understand department technology needs and translate these into specific initiatives and short and long-range plans. They may be asked to develop and document organizational content requirements, data practices, and objectives.
5. The Data Analyst creates and distributes reports that inform and educate college personnel to support objectives and decision-making. They triage incoming data comments, concerns, and questions and then suggest timely, robust, and diplomatic feedback. As appropriate, they initiate new reports and projects that logically result in assigned project success.
6. The Analyst works on complex data that require analysis and evaluation of a variety of factors and must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, data normalization, and data accuracy and may support others as a quality check to ensure all data is accurate.
7. The Analyst must demonstrate superior accuracy in reporting, planning, and communication; adaptability and flexibility as situations change frequently; and reliability in accomplishing tasks on time.
8. The Analyst must plan, organize, monitor, and manage business intelligence projects through completion and fluidly manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in a high-pressure environment and guide others on the team in collaborative efforts.
9. The Analyst collaborates with internal customers and subject-matter experts to clarify the technical vision and deliver strategic training as needs are identified.
10. The Analyst communicates and collaborates with internal customers to investigate their information needs and functional requirements and train them to use the system as designed efficiently and effectively.
11. The Analyst may also work to develop creative solutions to solve issues or drive continuous improvement.
12. Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
Application Procedure: Please upload all of the following documents or your application may not be considered for review.
• Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
• Resume/Curriculum Vitae
• Contact Information or Letters for three (3) Professional References
• Unofficial Transcripts Due at the Time of Interview (Official Transcripts requested upon hire)
This position is open until filled; however, applications received on or before June 19, 2023, will receive first consideration. Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check and may also be subject to an education verification. LC State is an EEO/AA/VETS employer.
To Apply, visit: