Department Administrator – Moffitt Ambulatory Centers (MAC)
ID: 7160954 (Ref.No. hlj_48990)
Posted: August 2, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Department Administrator – Moffitt Ambulatory Centers (MAC)
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, “To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.” With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
- The MAC Department Administrator is responsible for directing the clinical and administrative operations of the MMG Physicians and APP practice at all MACs. This position supports the daily operations and growth of academic oncology programs by providing efficient and effective leadership, coordination, fiscal and productivity oversight in congruence with the respective physician leaders and the Cancer Center. The Department Administrator works collaboratively with clinic managers, department faculty, providers, and administrative and clinical staff to provide the highest quality of patient care. This role will directly oversee Managers, Supervisors, and Faculty Administrative Assistants and Faculty Administrative Coordinators responsible for the MMG operations. The purpose of the job is to ensure proper integration and interaction between the hospital, clinics, Moffitt Medical Group, and faculty affairs.
- Operations/Practice Management
- Planning and Marketing
- Fiscal Management
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to create effective business strategies.
- Strong understanding of physician practice (revenue cycle components, business development) to create new service lines.
- Experience in outpatient practice management.
- Advanced skills in employee development and performance management, with demonstrated experience managing projects and implementing agreed upon initiative.
- Provides leadership and oversight of the daily operations for in-patient activity and out-patient activity for the Physicians and APPs assigned to the MACs full time.
- Responsible for ensuring that a patient and family centered care approach is integrated into to all service delivery models.
- Collaborates and is an active member of the Clinical Triad with the Medical Director and Clinical Operational Manager for the Ambulatory Clinics.
- Provides leadership in the Center’s Process Excellence efforts, utilizing LEAN strategies to ensure the highest patient satisfaction, operating efficiency, and safe environment.
- Utilizes data and engages the providers to establish clinical templates at various locations to ensure efficient operations.
- Ensuring Faculty and APP billing and documentation is appropriate and accurate.
- Provides consultation to Department Chair to ensure Faculty and APP productivity is within MMG charter expectations and recommendations for areas of improvement including new staffing models.
- Collaborates with Department Leadership to develop and implement Program Development and Strategic Initiatives including Strategic Marketing, Philanthropy and Patient Relations.
Recruitment & Retention
- Responsible for collaborating with Strategic Workforce Management for cost effective Faculty, APP and staff recruitment and employee development.
- Responsible for ensuring that the department adheres to the Moffitt Cancer Center Institutional Policies & Procedures and Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Responsible for developing and implementing hiring and retention strategies in concert with the Department leadership.
- Develop and implement Strategic Margin Management strategies within the Department and across other departments as needed.
- Develops operating forecasting models for the department and practice.
- Works closely with MMG administration and Finance to closely monitor ongoing operating costs.
Academia & Research
- Responsible for ensuring that the educational mission and patient care needs are in balance and that each has appropriate resources and staffing.
- Supports Department's efforts in promoting grand rounds, interdisciplinary conferences, and participation in national organizations.
- Responsible for the oversight of any research administration as determined by the Chair/Program Leader.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a clinic or physician practice setting required. Specific oncology practice management experience desired.
- Completed Master’s Degree in Healthcare, MBA or related field of education required.
- Experience in all aspects of departmental administration, strategic planning, forecasting, practice management required.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills required.
- Understanding of the Academic Medicine Model preferred.
- Skills in formulating, revising, and implementing policies, procedures, and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize environment to provide optimal care to patients.
- Ability to research, analyze, and conceptualize long-term strategic plans.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.