Animal Support Technician
Oklahoma City, OK
ID: 7177549 (Ref.No. 4571829)
Posted: September 8, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Founded in 1946, the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation (OMRF) is among the nation's oldest, most respected independent, nonprofit biomedical research institutes. OMRF is dedicated to understanding and developing more effective treatments for human diseases, focusing on critical research areas such as Alzheimer's disease, cancer, lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, and cardiovascular disease. OMRF follows an innovative cross-disciplinary approach to medical research and ranks among the nation's leaders in patents per scientist.
Located in Oklahoma City, a city that offers a dynamic and flourishing downtown area, with low cost of living, short commute times and a diversified economy, OMRF has been voted one of the Top Workplaces since the inception of the award. This achievement has been accomplished thanks to OMRF individuals who share a unified understanding that our excellence can only be fully realized with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values.
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, and vision insurance, minimum 8% company retirement contribution, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, onsite cafe, free onsite fitness center with access to personal trainer, free parking and much more! Relocation assistance available for those located 50 miles outside of Oklahoma City metro and out of state. Learn more about our benefits here.
OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
1. Performs cleaning, sanitization, and preparation of caging and accessories by processing dirty and clean cages and equipment for a variety of laboratory animal species in a timely manner.
2. Operates equipment including autoclaves, mechanical washers, bedding dispenser, per department SOP's.
3. Perform daily maintenance requirements of equipment as per SOP's and notify supervisor of any equipment malfunctions.
4. Sanitize all areas of facility per department SOP's.
5. Maintain quality control records.
6. Observe SOP's for traffic flow within facility to prevent cross-contamination.
7. Assist with monitoring facility environment, notify supervisor of any problems detected.
8. Receive and store incoming supplies; maintain storage room.
9. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
2. Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
3. Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the confidentiality of research needs.
4. Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in departmental training program.
5. Delivers service that exceeds expectations by problem solving with other employees as appropriate
6. Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
This is a busy work environment, which requires the ability to work quickly and efficiently. Must have effective communication skills and good attention to detail. Must have ability to follow written and verbal instructions, work independently as well as with others, display industriousness, conscientiousness and dependability. The ability to be flexible and adjust to changing conditions/requirements is essential.
To apply, visit https://careers-omrf.icims.com/jobs/1618/animal-support-technician/job?in_iframe=1
OMRF’s excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.