College Work Study Student - Media Technologies Department - Fall 2023
CSN - North Las Vegas Campus, NV
ID: 7178908 (Ref.No. R0138684)
Posted: September 13, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
**Only students who have completed this year’s FAFSA and Accepted the Student Employment Award in their Financial Aid Package are eligible to apply**
For Semester/Term: Fall 2023
Hiring Department: Media Technologies
Supervisor: Emma Kornegay
Location: North Las Vegas
Work Hours Per Week: up to 20.0
Hourly Rate of Pay: $14.00
What our office does: We provide photography equipment to students and instructors for use in creating their various assignments and projects.
Reserve future equipment pickups for students and/or instructors by means of a calendar based reservation system.
Help to prepare equipment kits that will be picked up by students.
Inspect equipment for any damages and/or missing parts upon return from students.
Prepare equipment for students and/or instructors to use in Lab Areas/Studio.
Assist students with printing in Print Lab when needed.
Our services benefit: CSN students and staff
Work Experience in our Department supports the following Degree/Certificate Programs:
AAS in Photography with Commercial Photography emphasis
Must be an advanced Photography student.
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
To be considered for this position, you must upload the following documents to your application:
1 Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
2. Proof you’ve received the Student Employment Award. You may provide either:
o A copy of your latest CSN Award Notification showing the Student Employment Award. This can be found in your CSN email or in your MyCSN Communication Center
o A screenshot of your accepted award for the appropriate semester from the “View/Accept Financial Aid” screen in your MyCSN.
DO NOT HAVE THE STUDENT EMPLOYMENT AWARD?
Contact the CSN Financial Aid Office if you do not have the Student Employment Award but want to see if you qualify. You may email us directly at CollegeWorkStudy@CSN.edu or visit your closest campus office.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. To prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Offer and acceptance of a Work Study Award are not a guarantee of employment. Wages under this position are paid from Work Study awards administered by the CSN Financial Aid Department. To maintain eligibility, students must:
- Show a financial aid eligible major (degree or certificate program) declared with the CSN Office of the Registrar, and
- Meet Financial Aid Satisfactory Progress after each semester/term to qualify for employment within the academic year, and
- Show degree compliant enrollment for each semester/term for which funding is desired.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits and meet additional eligibility requirements of the Silver State Regents Service Program for summer semester/term employment.
- *Student’s cannot work another part-time position within NSHE at the same time they are employed as a CSN College Work Study student.
Posting Close Date11/17/2023
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.