Warner Robins, GA
Posted: September 15, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Software & Cybersecurity product area is accepting applications for a Software Engineer. In this position, you will develop software with a group of highly capable and experienced individuals for DoD contracts. This is a full-time, onsite position with full benefits.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for developing web-based applications or programs, modifying existing software, incorporating new hardware, improving
performance, adding new capabilities, or upgrading interfaces.
• Designs, creates, modifies, integrates, tests, or maintains applications, embedded software, engineering/scientific software, web
applications, machine learning, and/or artificial intelligence-based software solutions.
• Communicates with colleagues and more senior developers on technical designs and development.
• Documents the software design using flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, self-documenting code, inline comments, and/or other appropriate
• Develops software solutions by studying user requirements, data usage, and systems flow.
• Provides project status to internal and external customers.
• Analyzes source code and recommends software quality and/or performance improvements.
• Manages the software development life cycle.
• Decomposes typical, non-complex software requirements into actionable steps.
• Manages role-based access control and access control list for systems and devices.
• Prepares reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
• Directs system testing and validation procedures.
• Directs software programming and documentation development.
• Collaborates with colleagues, customers, and other companies on software and cybersecurity product area projects.
• Complies with all Executive Director approved MERC-wide policies and procedures.
• Adheres to approved MERC MSP quality management policies and principles and promotes an attitude of commitment to continuous
• Ensures thorough familiarity and awareness of all MERC core capabilities and remains alert for any opportunities to promote MERC
capabilities and interests to customers and potential customers.
• Submits suggestions for new business opportunities or report identified customer problems or opportunities to the Director of
Acquisition Strategy through a Chief Engineer.
US Citizenship is required.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
• A Ph.D. in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science from an ABET-accredited institution; or a Master’s degree (MS)
in same and 1 year of directly related experience; or a BS degree in same and 2 years of directly related experience.
• Possesses or is capable of possessing Security+ CE Certification
• Beginner in using secure coding practices
• Beginner in using database design principles and Structured Query Language
• Beginner in using the agile framework and software development life-cycle
• Beginner in developing testing strategies for components and/or applications
• Additional requirements may be added as appropriate and as specified in the specific Personnel Requisition Form.
Required Document Attachments:
• Cover letter
• Professional references including contact information
• Unofficial transcripts