Part-Time Security & People Services Agent/Officer/Professional
Oklahoma City, OK
ID: 7179646 (Ref.No. 4600954)
Posted: September 15, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Founded in 1946, the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation (OMRF) is among the nation's oldest, most respected independent, nonprofit biomedical research institutes. OMRF is dedicated to understanding and developing more effective treatments for human diseases, focusing on critical research areas such as Alzheimer's disease, cancer, lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, and cardiovascular disease. OMRF follows an innovative cross-disciplinary approach to medical research and ranks among the nation's leaders in patents per scientist.
Located in Oklahoma City, a city that offers a dynamic and flourishing downtown area, with low cost of living, short commute times and a diversified economy, OMRF has been voted one of the Top Workplaces since the inception of the award. This achievement has been accomplished thanks to OMRF individuals who share a unified understanding that our excellence can only be fully realized with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values.
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, and vision insurance, minimum 8% company retirement contribution, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, onsite cafe, free onsite fitness center with access to personal trainer, free parking and much more! Relocation assistance available for those located 50 miles outside of Oklahoma City metro and out of state. Learn more about our benefits here.
OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
The Security Services Department plays a vital role in the overall success of the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation (OMRF) by ensuring a safe, secure, and peaceful environment. These responsibilities can be categorized in three categories:
Safety & Security
- Perform foot patrols of Foundation buildings and grounds. Check interior and exterior doors. Ensure doors, windows and gates are secure. Report violations of company security, safety, and procedural policies. Report on hazardous conditions. Respond to alarms. Raise and lower parking gates. In the event of a power outage, officers may be expected to assist with the manual manipulation of gate(s).
- Monitor, utilize, operate, and maintain various security systems/equipment, including but not limited to, access control, video, key tracking, telephone, and text alert systems.
- Evaluate and address suspicious persons, vehicles or circumstances. Warn violators of rule infractions or violations, such as loitering, illegal parking, or carrying forbidden articles. Apprehend or expel persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Provide emergency response. Direct, coordinate, and carry out security response protocols pertaining to fire alarms, bomb threats, suspicious packages, hazardous material releases or spills, medical emergencies, mechanical or equipment failures, extreme weather, or other criminal actions. Act as first responder in a security emergency.
- Keep abreast of all security policies and know where they are located for quick reference.
- Receive ongoing training including but not limited to weapon qualification.
Customer & Employee Experience
- Act as first contact with visitors, patients, vendors, and/or employees, ensuring a positive impression of the organization. Build and maintain good relationships between the security department and others in the organization Maintain positive, consistent, collaborative relationship with the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) Police Department.
- Monitor entrance and departure of all employees, visitors, and other persons during regular business hours and/or special occasions, social events, and conferences. Check visitors in/out.
- Run various reports to determine card activity history for a person, door, building and/or elevator; individual’s assigned clearances; and other activity.
- submit investigatory findings, and produce other written documents as requested. Prepare and submit reports of irregularities (i.e., property damage, theft, malfunctioning of machinery or equipment and presence of unauthorized persons and security doors left unlocked).
- Prepare Incident/Recovered Property/Daily Log entries and searching reports.
- High school diploma/GED and one year of public safety, law enforcement or military experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. - CLEET ASG certification or equivalent Peace Officer certification. - Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License - Valid license to carry a firearm - Knowledge of law enforcement policies and procedures - Basic computer skills- Excellent customer service skills - Honesty, attentiveness, and vigilance- Ability and willingness to learn
To apply, visit https://careers-omrf.icims.com/jobs/1625/security-officer/job?in_iframe=1
OMRF’s excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.